To show or not to show progress indicators

• I use only two resoluition for my panos: a small for showing in an iframe on the webpage and a bigger one for the fullscreen view. I accomplish that using the Multires-tool:

http://fvlmedia.dk/flashdyn.htm

But I have some issues:

It's OK to have the progress load and wait showing up when loading new panos, but I don't like them to show while rotating. I've tried different solution: 1. Setting decode=all and downlod=all 2.switching off the progress load and wait in fullscreen. 3. Both.

The first seams to work best, but on some overloaded systems it sometimes freeze while loading a new pano (My fullscreen panos are no bigger than 6000x3000!) - and it takes some ektra time decoding before fading into the new pano

With the second and third method people get no indication on what's going when laoding a new pano.

So my question is there another way to do this?

• Hi,

maybe a solution...
    ... switch off the progressbar and the waiting loop when switching to fullscreen,
    and enable it again when loading the next pano...

e.g. - disable the progressbar and the waiting loop:

Code
    set(progress.showload,none);
    set(progress.showwait,none);

e.g. - enable the progressbar and the waiting loop:

Code
    set(progress.showload,bar());
    set(progress.showwait,loopings());

best regards,
    Klaus

• Well, I think this is the best I can do. I've put the show and hide progress action in the combox.xml (which I include in the 1st loaded pano.xml) and sett download=all, but leaving decode at the default "auto". Now it does what I want most of the time. Shows the progress while loading a new pano, but not while loading and decoding the tiles on rotating. Only times it fails is when going from lo-res to fullscreen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!