HTML5 test on Desktop

• I have been updating a couple of pages with latest viewer and tested the HTML5 performance in 3 browsers.
    Both on my iMac and windows XP on Parallels

Safari,everything works. In Windows I had to update from 5.0 to the latest version to get the fullscreen to work (also from iFrame)

Firefox Works fine on Mac but on Windows it does not work even after updating to latest 15.0.1 Cubefaces upside down and with some missing.
    I checked my settings and I use video VRAM 512mb and enable 3D acceleration is checked.

Chrome works on both platforms but they both show same errors at cubefaces like below.
    First I thought that this was because of the iFrame but loading the page directly gives same problem. Cubefaces I used are from 1600-2000.
    This one is 2000pixels
    Here is the link without iFrame http://www.panoramas.dk/7-wonders/seven-wonders/corcovado/

Apparently it is still to early to set automatic choice for Flash/HTML5

Hans

• I now also tested on my Windows XP Machine. A simple PC with just 1GB Ram. Acer E360 with an AMD Athlon 64 processor.
    Videocard is very simple I believe. As far as I remember it is one on those simple Integrated Graphics Cards.
    Still it works perfect with a 42" HD TV as monitor for flash panoramas.

To my surprise Firefox did not give any errors at all. Except for one with sound which complain about the mp3 file which are not supported in Firefox HTML5.
    Even in Fullscreen it works perfect.

Even more surprise. Latest Chrome did not work at all . The panorama looks almost the same as Firefox did on my Parallels.

Hans

• Hi,

Chrome works on both platforms but they both show same errors at cubefaces like below.

that's unfortunately a new Chrome CSS 3D bug...
    Goolge seems not be able to provide stable and working CSS 3D support...

In the next krpano release WebGL-support will be ready, than WebGL will be used instead of CSS 3D for the panos in Chrome.

When the cubefaces look upside/down, mirrored or strangely transformed, then the browser isn't using/supporting 3d hardware acceleration for some reason.

To check the availability of 3d hardware acceleration:

• in Chrome - enter this url: chrome://gpu/
    • in Firefox - enter this url: about:support

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!