Problem with Textfiled-Plugin and krPano 1.0.8.15 (build 2012-10-05)

• Hello!

I recently upgraded to the latest version of krPano and am now experiencing some really strange behavior with the build-in textfield plug-in of the html5-Player. I'm using the textfiled to display text below my hotspots. But since the update some of these text are just missing...

I managed to find out, that (given an entry angle (=hlookat) of 0°) a textfield with "ath" less than -50° or more than +50° is not displayed. This happens most of the time. Several test cases with many simultaneous textfields resulted in pretty inconclusive results, but the -50/+50-border always stood out a little...

Switching back to version 1.0.8.15 (build 2012-08-10) fixes this problem for me.

EDIT 1:
    krPano doesn't even create all the div-containers, that normal textfields have.

Anyone out there with similar problems? *confused*

EDIT 2:
    Almost forgot to mention, that another texfield plug-in error occurred to me:
    When setting a textfield hotspot to be be initial hidden (visible="false") and then loading a second panorama (strangely this does not happen with the first panorama krPano displays) i was not able to make this textfield visible by calling "krPano.set('hotspot[label-1'].visible', true);".
    I found out, that krPano hides this hotspot via css display=none AND opacity=0. When calling the above mentioned function, only display was set back to 'block'. The opacity remained 0 and therefore the textfield was still hidden. I fixed this by calling "krPano.set('hotspot[label-1'].alpha', 1);" at the same time.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Phlex (18. Oktober 2012 um 18:35)

• An Example could be a little problem, since the project is under nda.
    But i think a little modified xml-code should be okay...

If the problem is not replicable, i will contact the customer and ask his permission to send you a link.

EDIT:
    I just checked the above xml (and removed the visible="false" attributes of the two hotspots (this happens via code in the normal tour)) and the same error occurs. So i don't think it is related to my whole interface...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Phlex (18. Oktober 2012 um 18:54)

• Any news on the problem jet???

I made a completely new example based on the latest krPano download.

This one has the descript error:
    http://goo.gl/TJSCR

This one works fine:
    http://goo.gl/2Qz8R

The difference between those two is, that the later one does NOT use autoheight="true" as an attribute
    to the textfield.

ATTENTION:
    It also seems to be important, that the textfield is outside of the screen when loading the pano. The inner width of my browser is 944px. This guarantees that both (hotspot and textfield) are not seen when the pano has loaded.

Sure i could just set a fixed height to the textfield, but the problem is that i get a little confused what size this should be. Tests showed, that iPhones/iPods and the flash-based krPano seem to need the doubled height than what it really should be...so i think autoheight is the better option so far (theoratically i mean... *tongue* ).

• Hi,

thanks for your examples - I see the problem - I will try to fix it for the next release.

Zitat

EDIT 2:
    Almost forgot to mention, that another texfield plug-in error occurred to me:
    When setting a textfield hotspot to be be initial hidden (visible="false") and then loading a second panorama (strangely this does not happen with the first panorama krPano displays) i was not able to make this textfield visible by calling "krPano.set('hotspot[label-1'].visible', true);".
    I found out, that krPano hides this hotspot via css display=none AND opacity=0. When calling the above mentioned function, only display was set back to 'block'. The opacity remained 0 and therefore the textfield was still hidden. I fixed this by calling "krPano.set('hotspot[label-1'].alpha', 1);" at the same time.

the pano blending is already done?
    and there is nowhere an alpha=0 for that element?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• The blending seems to have finished. The 'onloadcomplete' event gets fired, but the alpha of my textfield-hotspots is still set to zero. Removing the blend-effect results in the correct behavior of the hidden hotspots. *confused*
    I do not use alpha attributes anywhere in my project. So this can't be the source of evil... *squint*

Since this does not bother me that much, and a simple function call to set alpha back to 1 solves this problem, i can live with it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!