You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Birdseye

Trainee

• "Birdseye" started this thread

Saturday, October 20th 2012, 7:22am

Problem with Scrollable area (map) on I-Devices

Hi, I have a problem with the 'scrollarea' plugin on I devices.

I made this VT with a scrollable map. http://www.360vt.be/vt_zeeheldenplein

Herefore I used the code of the scrolling map of the Corfu example.
The Corfu pano works fine on my Iphone and Ipad, but when I try this with my VT, the device shows this error...

'error: plugin[map] loading error:skin/plan.jpg'

Can somebody help me further because I don't see what I have done wrong. This is the code I've used:

Source code

<layer name="plattegrond" keep="true" type="container" align="center" width="100%" height="100%" bgcolor="0x000000" bgalpha="0.7" state="hidden" visible="false" zorder="100" alpha="0">
<layer name="beholder" type="container" align="center" width="90%" height="80%" bgcolor="0x000000" bgalpha="0.7" >
<layer name="scrollarea" url="../plugins/scrollarea.swf" alturl="../plugins/scrollarea.js" align="center"  width="2800" height="1940" direction="all">
<layer name="map" url="plan.jpg" align="center" scale="0.90" scalechildren="true">
</layer>
</layer>
</layer>
</layer>

Thanks for help,
Yvan.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Birdseye" (Oct 20th 2012, 8:24am)

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Saturday, October 20th 2012, 9:30am

Are you sure the path of plan.jpg is ok?
Or isit a png

?
Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Birdseye

Trainee

Saturday, October 20th 2012, 11:47am

Path is OK Tuur, because it loads perfect on desktop systems (at least PC).

Birdseye

Trainee

Sunday, October 21st 2012, 12:47pm

Pff, after some testing, I assume Tuur is right about the path. But still didn't found a solution. For some reasen, the plugin always automaticely add 'skin' as 1st dir.

So if I add f.ex. this command line: <layer name="map" url="../skin/plan.jpg" align="center" scale="0.90" scalechildren="true">,
the following error is shown on Iphone: ERROR: plugin[map] loading error: skin/..skin/plan.jpg

Wathever I use as url, there's always an error.

Birdseye

Trainee

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 9:34am

Found the solution myself, but not sure if this is a player bug or not.
The 'vtourskin.xml' was in the subdir '/skin' together with all the image files.

I moved the 'vtourskin.xml' file to the root and changed all the paths in the xml file. I left all the image files in the 'skin' dir and now it works on Iphone too.

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 9:44am

Hi,
I moved the 'vtourskin.xml' file to the root and changed all the paths in the xml file. I left all the image files in the 'skin' dir and now it works on Iphone too.
Really? That would be really strange!
The original link still seems to be unmodified and still not working.

There should be no viewer/path related bug, but the image itself seems to be too big (either the filesize or the resolution or both) for iOS in this case...

Best regards,
Klaus

Birdseye

Trainee

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 10:18am

Link is working Klaus, I just did a test on different browsers.

And I tried to reduce the image but it was not working either. I even replaced it with the Corfu map image but that wan't working too.