HTML5 Flat Pano Support Plans

• It would be really good to have a view on what you plan to do with regards to flat pano support in HTML5.

For now, as there is notvisibility on support for flat panos in HTML5, apart form that you don ot support it, I had to look for another solution. I found a script that can detect if flash is supported or not. If it is, it uses the krpano viewer, which is my preferred option, as I want it to run swfaddress. If no flash, then it uses zoomify, which is actually a pretty good basic viewer, though it does lack what I use in KRPANO plus it means I also have to do a lot of extra work to create an extra pano just for HTML5. That is a problem because I am working on a project where I will have over 300 panos, configured as per the above.

When you finally support flat panos in HTML5, to switch back will take some work, so it would be good to have a view on when HTML5 will be supported for flat panos, as then I could make a decision to go with the zoomify workaround or wait for KRPANO. I have a deadline of Jan to complete the project, with 90% of the photography complete and the website templates almost finished, it is time to make a decision on what to do regarding using the zoomify viewer or wait for krpano flat pano support.

Can you please give me an idea, even is just to say not in the next 6 months, if you will support flat panos in KRPANO?

The example of what I have working can be found: http://www.parismetrotrash.com/

Ignore that I have used 2 different panos, it is a holding page to describe the project only.

THnx,

D

• Same here. I use the Zoomify HTML5 viewer when needed, otherwise KRPano (when Flash is available). Thankfully KRPano can also directly use the tiles I need for Zoomify, but Zoomify is nowhere near as polished (and flexible for that matter) as KRPano.

So yeah, an ETA would be great. Any chance we could beta it before the end of the year?

Thanks so much Klaus!

• Just the same here, a big project is coming with loads of flat panoramas with hotspots and I would prefer to develop on krpano version for web and iOS rather than one krpano for web and one zoomify for iOS ( the hotspots in zoomify are not that great compared to krpano !!! )

PLEASE KLAUS, ANY IDEA FOR A RELEASE DATE ?

Thanx !

• I'm encouraged to see that Flat panoramas can be done without Flash. Gigapan Systems just rolled out a solution for their website.

If they can get there I have no doubt that Klaus can too! *thumbsup*

Here's a message that they sent out a few days ago:

GigaPan announced today that all GigaPan images are now viewable on mobile
    devices, including iOS and Android. This includes all
    gigapan.com and embedded
    external website images, including GigaTag. With a collection of over 100,000
    high-resolution images on the GigaPan website, users will have an increased
    ability to view and explore gigapixel images.

”As the number of images on our website continues to grow into the hundreds of
    thousands, and GigaPan membership increases, it is imperative that our
    collection of amazing images are ubiquitous to access,” said Josh Friedman,
    CEO of GigaPan. ”Our updated viewer presents an opportunity to provide mobile
    access to these unique images, increasing and enhancing image views for a
    larger audience.”

The GigaPan viewer also allows users to enter fullscreen mode, which makes the
    experience of gigapixel imagery much more powerful. To enable fullscreen mode
    on your embedded image, login to your GigaPan account and go to My GigaPans.
    Click on the Embed link to the bottom right of your image to view the Embed
    Wizard. There will be an option to select ”yes” to include fullscreen.
    Generate a new HTML code and re-paste on your web page to include the
    fullscreen embedded image.

Enjoy exploring gigapans on your mobile device!

The GigaPan Team

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!