• Hi All,

New to KR Pano from FPP - I am having trouble getting a simple button to display a .png when clicked...then when clicked again making it disappear
    I have the button like this:

<layer name="skin_btn_info" url="vtourskin.png" crop="0|256|64|64" align="leftbottom" x="125" y="4" scale="0.6" ondown="skin_buttonglow(get(name)); skin_showredesc();" onup="skin_buttonglow(null);" visible="true" />

and the png I want it to display like this:

<layer name="skin_redesc"
    type="image"
    url="redesc.png"
    alturl="redesc.png"
    keep="true"
    devices="all"
    parent=""
    visible="false"
    enabled="true"
    handcursor="true"
    maskchildren="false"
    scalechildren="false"
    zorder=""
    style=""
    align="center"
    edge=""
    x=""
    y=""
    rotate="0.0"
    width=""
    height=""
    scale="1.0"
    alpha="1.0"
    crop=""
    onovercrop=""
    ondowncrop=""
    bgcolor="0x000000"
    bgalpha="0.0"
    bgcapture="false"
    onover=""
    onhover=""
    onout=""
    onclick=""
    ondown=""
    onup=""
    onloaded=""
    />

I have looked at all the examples and nothing I could find does this simple task , or perhaps I didnt understand it.....It seems like I should be able to figure this out but I am not having any luck....any pointers as to where I am messing up ?

Dennis

• I dont see any attempt to make this work.. There no onclick and the ondown onup go to personal functions that arent shown.

It would be just onclick="set(layer[skin_redesc].visible,true)"

• Hi Sacha,

" I dont see any attempt to make this work." I assure you that was my attempt....thats why I posted in the beginner section. I am a photographer full time and dont code really at all - my last work with any xml was 4 years ago when I pieced together a template I use with FPP. Thank you for providing the piece of code, that will get me on my way to putting together my KRpano template. I was absolutely burnt out from shooting all day and at night i was trying to tweak my KRpano template a little....I just couldnt make sense of the documentation.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond,

Regards,

Dennis

• No worries. It wasn't a criticism. I couldn't understand where your attempt started and stopped and whether you didn't paste the correct code or I didn't understand something.
    Krpano is pretty much the same as FPP, but 30 times more powerful which makes sense as FPP was discontinued 4-5 years ago.
    I advise taking a look at the examples in the viewer download package and the documentation ^^^ up top. If you can understand the examples, then you're ready to continue.

• No worries. It wasn't a criticism. I couldn't understand where your attempt started and stopped and whether you didn't paste the correct code or I didn't understand something.
    Krpano is pretty much the same as FPP, but 30 times more powerful which makes sense as FPP was discontinued 4-5 years ago.
    I advise taking a look at the examples in the viewer download package and the documentation ^^^ up top. If you can understand the examples, then you're ready to continue.

First ...I Love what I have seen of KRPano so far - I needed Mobil device compatible tours RIGHT NOW.....I tried KR Pano and
    was very impressed with the features and I was able to get a tour
    running very quickly and best of all tours that work on a darn IPAD and
    IPHONE ! Where did you hear FPP was discontinued ? It isn't discontinued at all ! Just has not had an update for a long time - (The original developer and another party are working on improvements and a GUI) - I wont debate which is better , there are rabid fans of both who say each does things the other doesnt. I use the one that make me money and keeps my clients happy - that is why I made the switch to KRpano - KRpano seemed to embrace the development of the Mobil tour while FPP has almost seemed to Fight it .(just my opinion).....Klaus has made the mobile device tour quick and clean and really doesnt require any more work on my part and that is key as I do a huge number of tours per year. Virtually all of my Interior design,Architect and real estate client use IPADS....how could I continue to tell them ...uhh the tour only runs in flash ! Klaus and KRpano saved me clients and that is a beautiful thing *thumbsup* !!!

• When something hasn't had an update in 4 years since the developer vanished it's been discontinued. I started using FPP as well and gave up on their promises of an imminent release after three years which was two years ago itself. Once you get past the learning curve you'll find everything is easier in krpano.

• When something hasn't had an update in 4 years since the developer vanished it's been discontinued. I started using FPP as well and gave up on their promises of an imminent release after three years which was two years ago itself. Once you get past the learning curve you'll find everything is easier in krpano.

Well said....LOL.....were you on there forums back 2007 - 2009 ? your name looked familiar.....The droplet feature with KRpano is cool...I can create an entire tour in about 1/4 the time it took in FPP once I play with the scripting (Im on a MAC) it will be even faster. The KRPANO tours look great on the Ipad - very positive feedback from clients thus far. I have found even on my Main web page about 10% of visitors are on mobil devices - up from 4% previous year. I would bet that will be even greater in 2013.

• Yup, that's me. Krpano is great in html5 but its even better in flash. You can do gigapixels with thousands of hotspots, on demand tagging, online virtual tour editing, drag and drop everythin and on and on.. Literally there's very little you cant do that you can conceive of. I resisted moving to krpano because of tommy's plugins, but after finally moving, i realized they were either built in or easily rewritable myself.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!