" no parent "skin_thumb_null" found" Error

• " no parent "skin_thumb_null" found" Error
    this error occurred and I don't know its reason and nothing found in my XML file that was related to the such a thing ...

who knows something about it and how can I fix it ...

Best regard ...
    Ruhollah

• Hi,

that error comes probably from the 'skin_update_scene_infos' action in the vtourskin.xml.
    In that action there is this code line:

Code
    txtadd(layer[skin_thumbborder].parent, 'skin_thumb_', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].index));

So when you get this error, then either the 'xml.scene' setting is not set (=no current scene loaded),
    or that given scene doesn't exists...

Both situations shouldn't be possible in a default generated tour...
    Have you changed anything or are you trying to mix/link several tours in some way?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Dear forum,

This is not my main problem, please see below for bigger problem, but here's a solution to no parent found:

I had the same problem, and I'm doing a tour that is split into three parts and has a map for navigation between the three tours. Thanks for directing me to the place to find the origin of this problem. I have been able to rewrite the skin_update_scene_infos action to reflect the instance of having a null scene. I have null scenes because I'm letting a Map function come up first before the startup(), and having startup() called upon leaving the Map, so no scene is loaded.

However, I would really like to be able to have a map action be called after startup() or after loadpano() or loadscene() is called. How can one have subsequent actions to the startup() of a vtour function?

Also, after leaving the Map to a destination scene, the startup() is called or loadscene() is called, and then my Map and it's hide/show button will not function again afterwards.

I need a Map to show and it's functions to work, and it's button to show it and hide it to work after the startup() action loads the first scene. Is there a secret to ordering actions in the xml for the xml to render correctly and allow immediate actions after startup()??

Thanks so much.

Here is my solution to the first no parent found problem:

<action name="skin_update_scene_infos">
    if(xml.scene != null,
    if(title,

if((get(scene[get(xml.scene)].title) === 'null' , set(layer[skin_title].visible,false);
    txtadd(layer[skin_title].html, get(title), ' - ', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].title) ); , copy(layer[skin_title].html, scene[get(xml.scene)].title ); );
    delayedcall(0.1, set(layer[skin_title].visible,true)));

if(scene[get(xml.scene)].index GT 0,
    set(layer[skin_btn_prev].enabled, true);
    set(layer[skin_btn_prev].alpha, 1.0);
    set(layer[skin_btn_prev].enabled, false);
    set(layer[skin_btn_prev].alpha, 0.3);
    );

sub(lastsceneindex, scene.count, 1);
    if(scene[get(xml.scene)].index LT lastsceneindex,
    set(layer[skin_btn_next].enabled, true);
    set(layer[skin_btn_next].alpha, 1.0);
    set(layer[skin_btn_next].enabled, false);
    set(layer[skin_btn_next].alpha, 0.3);
    );

set(layer[skin_thumbborder].visible, false);

if(scene[get(xml.scene)].mapspotname,
    layer[skin_map].activatespot(get(scene[get(xml.scene)].mapspotname));
    layer[skin_map].pantospot(get(scene[get(xml.scene)].mapspotname));
    );
    set(layer[skin_title].visible,false;
    );
    </action>

thanks,
    John

• I apologize. I realize this code turned off the visibility of the left/right arrows.
    But it seemed to remove the log error of no parent found. Now no matter what I do to this action, the error is not coming up again, but either titles including " - Null" for the emtpy scene or no titles at all for all scenes occurs.

Readers please realize also I had removed the nearly last line:

"txtadd(layer[skin_thumbborder].parent, 'skin_thumb_', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].index)); "

and had set "set(layer[skin_title].visible,true;" to false instead because we didn't want the thumborder in this tour.

But now, Dear Forum,

Why wouldn't this work to take the word "Null" out of my title and yet still show titles for all scenes? ::

After " if(title, " I had tried to set the title text to just the title without scene title added. Why is this now removing all titles and still not updating the alpha of the prev/next scene arrows?

thanks very much,
    John

• Hi,

regarding the 'no parent found' error - the vtourskin.xml in the new 1.16.5 version was updated to avoid this case:
    https://krpano.com/news/#releasenotes1165

The check if the scene is already loaded wasn't correct in the previous vtourskin.xml versions.

regarding using empty scene titles - change this line in the vtourskin.xml:

Code
    if(title, txtadd(layer[skin_title].html, get(title), ' - ', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].title) ); , copy(layer[skin_title].html, scene[get(xml.scene)].title ); );

to this one:

Code
    if(title, 
        if(scene[get(xml.scene)].title,
            txtadd(layer[skin_title].html, get(title), ' - ', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].title) );
            copy(layer[skin_title].html, title ); 
        );
        copy(layer[skin_title].html, scene[get(xml.scene)].title ); 
    );

That code check if the scene title is set too - if set both tiles were used, if only the global tile is set only this one is used, and if only the scene title is set, then only this one used.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!