Dead areas of my tour on iPad

• This is an odd one and I've looked through a few pages of threads and cant see one referring to it.

I have several tours in html5 that work well on Firefox but not on my iPad2. The issue is that the bottom right quarter of the screen is unresponsive to touch. I cannot touch to drag from that side of the screen but if I start on the left and drag through it then it continues to respond.

http://www.smartvirtualtours.com/clients/kimbolton/index.html

http://www.smartvirtualtours.com/clients/godolphin/index.html

If no one else has experienced this then I will start stripping it down and trying to eliminate the problem but I thought I'd post here first and hope someone else has fixed the problem.

Many thanks,

Adrian

• Hi,

about the log - try updating the krpano viewer - in the latest versions the right bottom area (~22x32 pixels) is not longer there or blocking anything - BUT - this is not the reason here.

There seems to be a hidden element there - e.g. either an image with alpha=0 or an empty textfield.

Note - elements with alpha=0 are still there and clickable!
    You could add autoalpha="true" to the element to get them automatically also visible="false" when alpha is 0.0.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you Klaus, I've worked out where the error is but really need your help to fix it. Do you have an iPad to test this on? If not I have shown a screen shots that is better than nothing.

First, I have worked out thanks to your last reply that the error is with the popup photos. I have a style that should set them all to scale="0" but when I have changed the default alpha="0" to alpha="1" you see that yes, as you thought, the photos are blocking the scrolling. (image1) or http://www.smartvirtualtours.com/clients/kimbolton/index.html

If I click on the hotspot (the purple camera icon) the photo disappears and then does as I want, coming from scale=0 and alpha=0 to scale=1 and alpha=1, and once the image has minimised there is no problem with scrolling.

Presumably then it is not possible to define an alpha value of "0" without an action to minimise it. How do you suggest I deal with this, something like an onloaded function?

Here is my existing code handling the popup images:

Code
    <style name="spot-photo" url="navigation/photo.png"   align="center" edge="center" onhover="showtext(CLick to open photo ,hotspotstyle);"  effect="dropshadow(4,45,0x000000,3,0.4);"/>
    <style name="popup-photo" handcursor="false" align="center" edge="center" alpha="0" scale="0"  effect="dropshadow(4,45,0x000000,3,0.4);"/>

<hotspot name="photo10-36" style="spot-photo" ath="-162" atv="5" onclick="tween(plugin[p10-36].alpha,1);tween(plugin[p10-36].scale,1); " />
     <plugin name="p10-36" style="popup-photo" url="hotspots/10-36.jpg" onclick="tween(plugin[p10-36].alpha,0);tween(plugin[p10-36].scale,0);"/>

I am not good at writing code from scratch so could you please suggest how this should look.

Your help is very much appreciated.

• Hi,

Presumably then it is not possible to define an alpha value of "0" without an action to minimise it. How do you suggest I deal with this, something like an onloaded function?

As suggested - try autoalpha="true" - this will set the visible setting automatically to false when alpha=0.

Or otherwise - set visible manually to true or false.
    e.g. fading out and setting visible=false could look this way:

Code
    tween(plugin[xyz].alpha, 0.0, 0.5, default, set(plugin[xyz].visible,false));

and the opposite way for making visible and fading in would be:

Code
    set(plugin[xyz].visible,true); tween(plugin[xyz].alpha, 1.0, 0.5, default);

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!