selecting what goes down to children

• I was thinking maybe it would be good to be able to choose what parameters goes down to children from a parent object. for example I want to set a blur effect on the parent only, but it sets also on the children which I don't want in this case.
    like, using scalechildren= false which let's you decide children to be scaled or not, but this time for every other parameters.
    *huh*

• Hi,

sorry, but this is technically not possible - the krpano 'display object' system is based on the Flash and HTML object systems and there children always will be 'modifie'd together with the parent object.

When theoretically trying to apply parameters only to a parent itself, then there the parent and the child would need to be two separated objects - but when doing that - it would be bad for the performance - e.g. when a parent object will be moved, then also all children and sub-children objects would needed to be moved manually too - and that would be a lot of works for Flash/Javascript and bad for the performance.

Or you design your object structure this way:

• container object (this is the object that will be placed and moved)

• virtual 'parent' object with zorder=1 (e.g. apply blur to this)
      • any children objects with zorder=2

• (- and sub children objects if needed)

This way, the objects would be still 'connected' together and some 'effects' can be applied to the specific objects.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!