(SOLVED) HIGHSHARP - Correct way - how to?

• Thanks for your reply!

Yes I have read it (great info) but I was not sure exactly where to add it.

Sorry but i never ask a question here without have tried and read documentation and googled all way possible.

I have read this: http://www.kolor.com/forum/t12684-h…ano-in-panotour

I would like to know were to add it because i cant see any difference when i do changes to the XML.

I render my panos with PTP and i use the latest krpano plugins.

Best regards - Stefan

Edited 3 times, last by Stefan.L (November 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM).

• Ok - I use it like with the settings below but i dont see any difference.

My plan is to go from a sort of littleplanet and then zoom/ tween in to this - but i think the pano looks not as crispy/ sharp as other panos so i thought i shall use the HIGHSHARP to see if i can make it look better.

Would be fantastic to have some inputs.

<view fisheye="0" limitview="range" hlookatmin="-50" hlookatmax="50" vlookatmin="0" vlookatmax="90" maxpixelzoom="1.0" fovmax="90" hlookat="0" vlookat="0"/>
    <action name="tweennormalview">
    tween(view.hlookat, 0, 3, easeInOutQuad);
    tween(view.vlookat, -16, 5, easeInOutQuad);
    tween(view.fov , 70, 5, easeInOutQuad );
    tween(view.maxpixelzoom,1.0, 3, easeInOutQuad );
    tween(view.architectural, 1.0, 5, distance(1.0, 0.45);
    set(display.flash10, off);
    set(view.limitview , range);
    set(view.vlookatmin, -90);
    set(view.vlookatmax, 90);
    set(view.hlookatmin, -180);
    set(view.hlookatmax, 50);
    set(view.maxpixelzoom, 1.0);
    set(view.fovmax , 90);
    set(display.movequality12,HIGHSHARP);
    set(display.stillquality12,HIGHSHARP);

</action>

Best regards - Stefan

• sachagriffin, Thanks for tip and help.
    The docu is superb but to be honest it is not easy or obvious to know where all is supposed to be implemented in the code even if i read it over and over again, at least not for me - yet.

Anyway here are the solution for that worked for me. Hope it helps someone else and that it is understandable.
    As mentioned before i wanted to go from little planet introview (in virtualtour.xml - rendered in Panotour Pro btw) to the view above in virtualtour4.xml - and - make it look sharper.

Logically i tried to add the the highsharp in the settings in virtualtour4.xml where the start panorama is but nothing happened. It was not until i tried to put in in the little planet settings in virtualtour.xml it took effect. See below:

However it raises a few questions that i could not find in the docs.

1). Is it needed to put it inside an action or can it be written in the view settings?
    2.) Why is flash10 needed to be set to off.
    3.) Is it needed to add the same parameter for flash 10 or will it work from version 9 and above?

set(view.stereographic, true);
    set(view.fisheye , 1);
    set(view.limitview , lookat);
    set(view.vlookatmin , -90);
    set(view.vlookatmax , 70);
    set(view.fov , 60);
    set(view.fovmax , 70);
    set(view.hlookat , 0);
    set(view.vlookat , -20);
    set(display.flash10 , off);
    set(display.details , 16);
    set(display.stillquality,HIGHSHARP);
    </action>

Best regards - Stefan

• 1. Using set in that action allows you to change it. Having it in the display tag sets it at startup.
    2. Flash 10 off is for the little planet projection.. With flash 10 on, the performance is not good enough.
    3. If you want it still on highsharp with a non-little planet projection, then you need to use the other two parameters after you switch back to flash 10.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!