bing maps bugs? check here pls

• hi!
    im trying to fix this problem: i added a bing map to my tour. (i bought and added the license key)

with the files bingmaps.js and bingmaps.swf included in the last version of krpano , i saw that there is a bug of zoom on desktop: if the zoom is too high like a value of 16 , the map will not be displayed. you must zoom out to reduce the map, to see it.

so i decided to use the bingmaps.js and bingmaps.swf files of the previous versionof krpano, the 1.0.8.14 and the bug was fixed!

now the problem is with iphone / ipad devices (not tested on android yet) : many times im not able to load the bing map... and i dont know why... its random.. sometimes it works, sometimes not...

you can see a screenshot of my iPhone 4s with iOs6 here:

any solution?

here is my code:

<layer name="skin_map"
    state="closed"
    url=""
    flash_url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/bingmaps.swf"
    html5_url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/bingmaps.js"
    visible="false"
    align="lefttop"
    width="100%"
    height="50%"
    x="0"
    y="0"
    zorder="1"
    lat="0" lng="0"
    zoom="16"
    bgalpha="0"
    maptype="hybrid"
    onmapready="skin_addmapspots();">

<maptypecontrol visible="true" align="righttop" x="5" y="5" buttonalign="v" />
    <radar visible="false" headingoffset="0" />
    <zoomcontrol visible="false" align="lefttop" x="23" y="65" hasscrolltrack="true" />

<spotstyle name="DEFAULT" url="vtourskin_mapspot.png" activeurl="vtourskin_mapspotactive.png" edge="bottom" x="-5" y="-8" scale="0.3" zoomwithmap="true" zoombaselevel="10" />
    <layer name="skin_map_zoom_in" url="vtourskin.png" visible="false" crop="9|512|46|64" align="right" x="0" y="-40" zorder="2" ondown="layer[skin_map].zoomin(); skin_buttonglow(get(name));" onup="skin_buttonglow(null);" />
    <layer name="skin_map_zoom_out" url="vtourskin.png" visible="false" crop="73|512|46|64" align="right" x="0" y="+40" zorder="2" ondown="layer[skin_map].zoomout(); skin_buttonglow(get(name));" onup="skin_buttonglow(null);" />
    </layer>

• Hi,

i saw that there is a bug of zoom on desktop: if the zoom is too high like a value of 16 , the map will not be displayed. you must zoom out to reduce the map, to see it.

That's not a bug - that's the design of the used Bing Maps API (Openscaled in Flash) - when there are no tiles for a zoom level, these 'placeholder' tiles will be shown. In the previous version I was trying to workaround this case, but this wasn't working reliable.

Btw - in your case you could try just to use the old bingmaps.swf and keep the new bingmap.js of course - there is no reason to use also the older bingmaps.js!

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!