Why krpano viewer works so bad in Google Chrome?

• On my systems there is no special behaviour differences...
    What happens in your case and what versions (Browser, Flashplayer, System, Hardware) are you using?

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus, I remember in the old days in an interview you gave that you said that having a slow computer was an advantage for you as a developer :)

Yes, it is little or no difference between Safari, IE, FF, Maxthon and Chrome on a relative fast computer but if you have one with a CPU around 300-700 performance (according with http://www.cpubenchmark.net/ ) say one of these http://www.cpubenchmark.net/low_end_cpus.html you might see that at panning in my website the pano has jumps (the view hangs glued) from time to time only in Chrome, the other browsers performs ok, but as further tests I'v done, that's why this late reply, it looks like that behavior is only when a quite intensive exchange flash - javascript happens, i.e. if I access only the same .swf embedded in a simple html page it works ok in Chrome.

However I un-banned now the Chrome users due to some "WTF" messages I received as Chrome has reportedly 60+% market share among the internet users.

cheers,
    Dorin

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DorinDXN (21. März 2013 um 11:16)

• Hi Klaus, I figured out a way to solve the problem, maybe you know why is so.

At
    chrome://plugins/
    there are two files under Adobe Flash Player, visible after you expand the [+] Details.
    Both are enabled.
    If I disable the first one and let to be enabled only the 2nd, the problems are gone and the panning is as good as in other browsers.

So the problems are gone if I disable the the Chrome integrated version of Flash (PepperFlash) plugin. I checked on several computers.

cheers,
    Dorin

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DorinDXN (13. Juni 2013 um 08:02)

• Hi,

the Chrome internal Flashplayer seems to work always in wmode=opaque mode - this mode is typically slower than the normally default wmode=window embedding. On some system there is noticeable and on other not... I think that might be related to the graphics hardware...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

the Chrome internal Flashplayer seems to work always in wmode=opaque mode - this mode is typically slower than the normally default wmode=window embedding. On some system there is noticeable and on other not... I think that might be related to the graphics hardware...

Best regards,
    Klaus

Thanks Klaus, now I set to detect if is Chrome with internal player and ask user to enable the sytem one instead, with a link to how to in Adobe website.
    If is the case, one should see that in red at upper right corner of the window.
    http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/2013-str…mbata/?pano=029

cheers,
    Dorin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!