posterurl does not work on iPad

• Hi,

i'm working on a virtual tour with latest krpano version 1.0.8.15 (build 2012-10-05).

It seems that videoplayer plugin posterurl is not working properly. when I use desktop html5 version the posters are there, but at least in iPad3 the posterurl is not working most of the times. Only a very few times the posterurl works. We all hate behaviours that vary using the exact same code.

The result is a big black square instead of an image.

I already optimized the images to download faster, and keeping the same dimensions as the video.

At the moment I can't show my work, because of clients privacy. But apparently I don't need to, because the same issue happens with iPad 3 at the krpano example:https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/#html5%3C/a%3E

I read in a previous 2011 thread the same issue, there is not a conclusion for this. It was suggested that it could be a conflict with soundinterface.js, but in my case i''m not using it.

There are several sized videos, in length and weight. I thought it could be because video files are big and interferes with presenting the posterurl before the streaming of the video. Still the problem remains, 1Mb video or 15mb don't make any difference.

How can I work around this?

please help, tried everything and don't know what else to do. all suggestions are accepted, my client really wants a perfect version for iOS devices so I have to solve this or at least provide a good reason. *confused*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!