mouse wheel doesn't work online

• Hello,

I just completed my last project and found that the mouse wheel zoom doesn't work online.
    I.e. I have an nginx setup and run locally and the wheel zoom works just perfect. The only difference I can see is that the local version is not encrypted with kprotect.

Do you have any idea why the wheel zoom may fail online?
    Here is the link to the online version: link

• I have problem with mouse wheel zoom with krpano 1.08.15 and Chrome. As I can see your example is OK with other browsers.
    I tested a pano with 1.08.14 and 1.08.15 versions of krpano.swf. 1.08.14 works fine with all browsers. 1.08.15 works fine with all browsers except Chrome.

• Hi,

Anyway, I think there is a problem with krpano. That's why I downgrade to 1.0.8.14

Really? Downgrading to 1.0.8.14 is helping?
    Sorry, but that would be very strange!

The real problem is the Chrome-internal Flashplayer AND the fact that the swf and html/js are on different domains.
    The Chrome-internal Flashplayer doesn't support Flash-Mouse-Wheels-Events for some reason correctly.

To compare that, you could try disabling the internal Flashplayer and use the 'normal' one.
    Therefore:

1. enter 'chrome://plugins/' in the Chrome url-bar,
    2. click on '+ Details' on the right side
    3. click on 'deactivate' for the 'PPAPI' Flashplayer
    4. and click on 'activate' for the NPAPI' Flashplayer

To solve/workaround that Chrome problem, the krpano embedding script automatically installs an Javascript Mouse-Wheel listener that sends the Mouse-Wheels events manually to krpano.
    But the problem here - due security limitations - this is only working when the swf and html/js are on the same domain!

The finally means - the only way that makes sense and is working everywhere, would be putting the swf on the same domain as the html and js files.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!