a bit special? arabic text issue: css right to left/left to right

• Hello,

With regard to different language versions I could so far include quite a few europaen languages, even in kyrillic. But now I have a serious problem with arabic. The text itself is ok as it is, typed right to left, copied into an include-html.xml file together with other left to right languages. The display is as follows then:

As you can see from the screenshot, the last line shows that the text is aligned to the left, whereas it should be aligned right. Without success I used:

Code
    <data name="cssdata_gb">
    				p		{ color:#ffffff; font-family:arial; font-weight:regular; font-size:14;}
    				p.head1 { color:#ffffff; font-family:arial; font-weight:bold; font-align:left;  font-size:15;}
    		</data>
     (...)      
    		<data name="cssdata_ar">
    				p		{ color:#ffffff; font-family:arial; font-weight:regular; font-size:14;}
    				p.head1 { color:#ffffff; font-family:arial; font-align:right; font-weight:bold; font-size:15;}
    		</data>

Michael

• Hello Michael,

have you tried "align: right"?

Not in that way, no. I wanted to have it in the css and looked up the possible css parameters. Now I did try:

That did not help. But your idea made me switch the <p> tag in the text to be <p align="right"> and that works! *thumbsup* Anyhow, I don't know why this should not work with the css as well. The css is used by the text plugin, I did check that by changing the font-size and by tracing the css-parameter content.

So, not 100% of what I thought was the best way, but 100% of what I wanted to achieve. Thanks a lot!

Michael

• Hi,

there is no 'font-align' css setting, the correct name would be 'text-align'.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Yes, thats true, thank you very much again Klaus. Now it is working so far. That is, I found another issue with the arabic texting. It seems very difficult to simply type:

Code
    <data name="details_ar_12">
    		   <p>إن فكرة تصميم هذه الكُوّات تنبع من الزخارف المستخدمة في الحرف العمانية التقليدية. وينطوي التعبير المعاصر في الأعمال الفنيه على استلهام التصاميم الخلاقة والأشكال الرمزية والمحبّذة في الحرف اليدوية ومنها صناعة حلي الفضة والنسيج والأقمشة والبُسط المنسوجة. تتعدد أشكال وأنماط الزخارف والحواشي بتقاسيمها المنفردة والمتكررة مجتمعة بتصاميم مغايرة لتعبر عن قيمة هذه الفنون الأصيلة وروحيتها الابداعي </p>
    		</data>

and at the same time keep a simple full stop at the end of the arabic
    text (where it switches to the latin left-to-right code again) at the right place. It would be placed to the right in the last
    line (i.e. the BEGINNING of the arabic line) instead of to the left of the last character, regardless the alignment (right) being
    correct. The same goes for paranthesis etc. For anybody running into the
    same problem, which is obviously true for all right-to-left languages, you will find help here:

http://www.w3.org/International/…xhtml/#nomarkup

e.g.

Code
    <p.head1 >فنون عمان والجزيرة
    		(الرمال واللبان و الفضة)&#x200F;
    		 </p.head1>

All the best,
    Michael

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!