Firefox HTML 5 - Video Error

• Hello,

I noticed this issue using Videoplayer.js on HTML 5 Firefox (v19.0) on Mac.

Code
    <action name="closevideo">
    plugin[%1].closevideo();
    </action>

Then the log opens with this msg: "ERROR: null - loading video failed!"

On other HTML5 browsers ( Safari & Chrome ), it works as expected.

I'm using the videoplugin action stop(); instead, but I really wanted to prevent unnecessary video streams.

Any suggestions?

• Thanks for the reply Klaus.

I guess I did not provide enough info, so I explain a little bit further:

The video is first playing in .webm format and only when I close it the error occurs. So it is not because of browser HTML5 video compability as the video works on first instance.

The video is set as a plugin inside a layer, maybe that has something to do with it.

• Hi,

The video is first playing in .webm format and only when I close it the error occurs. So it is not because of browser HTML5 video compability as the video works on first instance.

Okay, I will check that - maybe Firefox is sending a wrong error-event when closing the video...

The video is set as a plugin inside a layer, maybe that has something to do with it.

That should not have any effects on the plugin itself...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Regarding Firefox 19 on Mac videoplayer Errors on HTML5 version :

Besides the closevideo action not functioning, fixed URL's don't work when using several video formats and let the plugin automatically choose the appropriate one, set the paths to all video files at once and separate them by a pipe | character.

Example on log:

Code
    ERROR: http://www.example.com/videos/help1.mp4|http://www.example.com/videos/help1.ogv - loading video failed!

The fixed URL works but only when applied for a single fixed URL. All other browsers work correctly.

What I did was a turnaround to detect firefox and make a HTML5 version for it, then applied device.flash and device.html5 to provide isolated fixed URL.

I just wanted to report this behavior on Firefox and try to know if this is happening to more people.

• Hi,

but only when applied for a single fixed URL

That sounds very strange...
    Is your videoplayer.js up-to-date?

The only cases were this problem and this error message could happen, would be either an too old plugin version or when the browser doesn't support the 'canPlayType' function of the video object - but this should be not possible...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

thanks for the quick reply. Here's the version I'm using on-line:
    /* krpanoJS 1.0.8.15 videoplayer plugin (build 2012-10-05) */

and Browser.useragent:
    BrowserUserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0

Soon I'll be able to post the actual example, for now I can't share for client's privacy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!