ERROR: Unable to open video

• Hello,

my problem is this: When I test my virtual tour, the videoplayer.swf works just fine offline and online.
    But the real problem is on when my client got this error: Unable to open video.

The virtual tour files are located in my server. I asked some friends to see the virtual tour and test it on different networks, and videos are running fine.
    When the client tries to see in his network, the 'Unable to open video Error' happens.

Meanwhile, I confess that while researching I got confused about the "the video url must be always relative to the main krpano swf file". So I asked - What does this really mean?

I started with no placeholders and then the error happened, so to correct something I don't understand I'm trying to differentiate the url paths in the code using:

Code
    <hotspot name="videoplayer"
    url="plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    alturl="plugins/videoplayer.js" 
    posterurl="%CURRENTXML%/videos/poster.jpg"
    videourl="%SWFPATH%/videos/test.flv|%CURRENTXML%/videos/test.mp4|%CURRENTXML%/videos/test.ogv"
    />

Is this correct?
    Should I remove the placeholders %SWFPATH% and %CURRENTXML%?
    Should I always use the same placeholder, and not mix it up with another?
    When a placeholder is applied to videourl should I include the same placeholder into the url as well?

Can someone please me demonstrate the best practice for placeholders and url's for the videoplayer, so I really understand what it means being always relative to the main krpano swf file.

It is a real nut cracker trying to figure this out without getting the actual error on my side. And why does this happen, it performs well on some or networks and not on others?
    Is the code ok for some situations and not for others? I really need to understand this and the best practice so I can figure it out.

*confused* *confused* *cry*

• Yes, I know. Unfortunately, because of client's privacy I am not allowed to share the real example until the job is on-line in their site.

I will work on a test example I can share. But the probability is that the example runs okay in your computer, but the problem may exist on some networks.

Meanwhile I just want to figure it out if the positioning and use of placeholders may produce strange behaviors or errors.

Plz, help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!