Shadowbox - wmode - need help!

• Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me revisit this issue around launching a shadowbox while krpano is in full screen. I don't have any issue opening a shadowbox, but I have tried using wmode:"opaque" or transparent without success. I've also read here that a solution is to go out of full screen mode. How about the other way. Our client uses 720px x 480px as a standard window size. Klaus mentioned earlier that it is possible to detect their screen size and then open to that size without going to full screen? I don't know how to do that so is someone will to set that up and I will gladly pay for the code.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

• Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me revisit this issue around launching a shadowbox while krpano is in full screen.

What problem do you have?

but I have tried using wmode:"opaque" or transparent without success.

The wmode setting is not related to the Flashplayer Fullscreen mode.
    The wmode only sets up how the Browser will embed and render the Flashplayer into the html page.

Klaus mentioned earlier that it is possible to detect their screen size and then open to that size without going to full screen?

Sorry, but I have really no idea what you mean or to what you are referring... why is detecting the screen size related to fullscreen mode or to the wmode setting???

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Sorry Klaus, Maybe I am speaking out of turn, but there are a lot of threads speaking about this issue on the forum. Here is one thread.

Here is a test link. Shadowbox Test

If you click on the fullscreen button and try to launch the shadowbox it does not appear until you return from fullscreen. Interestingly, if you use F11 to go into fullscreen it does appear.

So maybe I am confused but are we speaking about the same things. As well, others on the forum have said they solved the problem but it appears not to be working so one would have to say how did they get it to work?

Thanks,

Robert

• Hi,

that's a basic limitation of the Flashplayer/Browser system:

The Flashplayer Fullscreen mode is independent of Browser - the fullscreen mode will be an kind of external independent-fullscreen-window from the Flashplayer itself - the Browser is not involved anymore in this case.

So when you now call a Javascript that is opening/doing something in the Browser (like opening a html shadowbox), then the Flashplayer doesn't know anything about that.

A solution might be adding a - set(fullscreen,false) - call before doing the js(...) call to close the Flashplayer Fullscreen mode always in this case.

Btw - the 'F11 Fullscreen' mode is a Browser-specific fullwindow/fullscreen/no-toolbars mode and not related to the Flashplayer Fullscreen mode.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!