synchronize sound/video with text?

• Is it possible to somehow synchronize subtitles with a sound or video? I used "delay" for that purpose, but once the user pauses the sound/video, the subtitles keep on running. How to deal with that?

Any ideas?

Michael

• You could either stop the delayedcall, remove the whole textfield-plugin, change the content of the textfield-plugin or use two different videos, where one is having hardcoded subtitles, and switch between those two videos....endless possibilities. A real sync should also be possible using the timecode-functions of the video-plugin.

I think the easiest way would be to stop the delayedcall. But the delayedcall-functions are well known for making problems, why I would use two videos.

Gruß aus Berlin ;)
    Nupsi

• Thank you very much. In fact I'm dealing with audio only at the moment. Thus the subtitle is a textfield at the bottom of the screen right now. Stopping the delayedcall would not solve the problem with resuming the sound(/video...) and the subtitle at the right place again, I guess. Tracking a time code and using this to control what content to put into the subtitle text field would be ideal in my eyes. But how do I achieve this?

Yours,
    Michael

Gruß nach Berlin *wink*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!