(Solved - works with safari in mountain lion)Please tell me it is impossible - no singing birds - Simulator

• Please tell me

I have tried with everything, read all threads several times and tried with by pure krpano made tours as well as tours with Pano tour pro.

I put the iphone-ipad-simulator.html file i the pano folder (where all the files are as on the image here) and i adjust the paths to the .js, .xml, .swf. exactly in the manor it is described.

I am removing those ../../ (and use the correct names) because they are in the same folder as the simulator file.

But no singing birds. It would be so awesome to be able to preview on desktop instead of uploading all the time.

What am i doing wrong?

• Ok thanks

I have tried that with no luck - offline...
    I where uploading a link to be able to show and maybe get help here and found out that it works very well online.

So can it be used offline only on localhost? EDIT: Just tried on localhost - so it must be meant for use online right?

A great tool anyway!!

Best regards - Stefan

• Your Hotel tour on your screenshot has different file names. It should work perfect offline in Safari.

This is how it should look for that one. Just the .js file and the 2 xml for iphone and ipad needs to be changed.

<!-- path to the krpano viewer files (keep the file order!) -->
    <script src="tour.js"></script>
    <script src="krpanoiphone.license.js"></script>
    <script src="swfkrpano.js"></script>

----------------------
    <!-- path to the xml file -->
    if (device == "iphone")
    viewer.addVariable("xml", "tour.xml");
    else if (device == "ipad")
    viewer.addVariable("xml", "tour.xml");

viewer.embed("krpanoDIV");
    }
    }
    }

• Ok hmm
    Please would you be so kind to have a look on the online working one - this one i cannot get to work locally but as you can see online it works perfect.
    It is like a mystery to me - and i can´t figure it out.

I did not find the variables you are using anywhere in the simulator html. Mine simulator is from the latest version/ package - are there a newer one somewhere?

Best regards - Stefan

• As far as I can see you do not include the license in the .js file. Are you sure you have it in the same place offline also.

This is done with Panotour?
    I have no idea how they do it with the license. I can not see it in you html and do not see it in my activity monitor either.

• The image you attached is a tour made with the krpano tools and it has the licens included in the tour.js which is in the same folder as the swf and the xml file.

It could also been made as separate files as they are linked in the simulator.

I have checked the latest simulator also and it works fine offline.

• Hi,

The image is not in use anymore. Just a tryout.
    The link on the other hand Are identical to the one I have offline and the rest is mystery.
    Yes it is a tour rendered from ptp and ther are no embedded licence.

I have as I believe everything - there must be something fundamental that I have missed...

Best regards - Stefan

• Yes I did but I removed it - same issue there ( if I did not do anything wrong, that is)
    . I will put a new one, straight out made with krpano tools during the afternoon and try that to.

The file structure is a bit different in ptp compared to krpano - maybe that is the reason.

Funny though that it works online and not offline -maybe something with permissions but that should not matter as far as I know.

Best regards - Stefan

• yes mountain lion it is - i have not tested on windows yet when it comes to this...
    At least it is nothing with the paths due to the fact it works online so you must be right - something locally.
    The encrypted stuff inside the simulator can just be copied right - i have not added licences in the "examples" folder.
    What can it be in the OS that cant read the files...?

Best regards - Stefan

• windows 7 confirmed... it works but the panos is flat like a paper...
    One down one to go:)

Why on earth does it not works with on Mountain Lion... I can open any php website on local host....

Best regards - Stefan

• Alright .... Can it be a etc/host file issue perhaps. I will install a fresh Mountain lion copy on wmware and test... Highly frustrating issue.
    At least I have done right all the time :) Guess if I have looked many times on tha paths:)
    I will do some research and post here ASAP.

Out of the box question - is there a way to test android locally?

Best regards - Stefan

• Out of the box question - is there a way to test android locally?

Alright .... Can it be a etc/host file issue perhaps. I will install a fresh Mountain lion copy on wmware and test... Highly frustrating issue.
    At least I have done right all the time :) Guess if I have looked many times on tha paths:)
    I will do some research and post here ASAP.

Out of the box question - is there a way to test android locally?

Not that I know of. Android is so many different devices and versions that it is completely impossible to make it work on all.

I have managed to get it to work fine now on my Galaxy Note 2 both using flash and HTML5 but only in the native browser.

Other devices for example Nexus which uses Chrome has no support for HTML5 yet. There is a Beta Chrome which does work but the scaling of elements is just stupid. Klaus has promised that he will do some additions for that in next version but I fear that it will always come new problems as the vendors always try to make their own Android versions.

Those who have bought Android phones with Android 4.0 and no flash installed will never see anything unless they can update to a newer version or are clever enough to install flash directly from ADOBE Archive.

I will ask AYRTON to test the simulator, I know he has updated to Mountain Lion but he actually also regrets it because it sucks. The Safari is different and there is no Activity menu any more which is really bad.
    There seems to be an work around for it check this: http://www.cultofmac.com/185180/bring-a…t-of-os-x-tips/

Hans

• Ok thanks for the tip, Hans

About androids i have downloaded Android dev tools and Eclipse (where it is possible to create all kind of devices) and tried with some tablets, cellphones and so on and all works well and that makes me worried ...because i have tried on Media Markt with different results.
    I have ios devices and all is working as expected there (fantastic work from krpano) but to check android - not a easy task.
    I have updated to lion and mountain lion just believing things can only be better but i changed my mind when "spaces" suddenly where ended with lion - spaces where the best thing ever in my opinion - which where replaced with the crappy mission ctrl.
    Can´t believe they removed it without the option to select what you preferred... when editing images and developing websites and learned spaces for 4 years they suddenly remove the "wheel" from the car and put it in the backseat..

Btw are you working on windows OS? Better then OSX?
    I have not noticed any downsides in Safari, i have been using it like always.

The issue with the offline simulator is still the same and the only thing i can get out of safari is this: XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///Applications/MAMP/htdocs/-------/vtour/tour.xml. Cross origin requests are only supported for HTTP.

Feels like if i new more about osx it would have been easy fix... must be a security setting somewhere - maybe in safari - i have tested with firewall off and permissions to read/write everything but no singing people.

Btw - does your simulator work in windows? On win7 Ultimate it works but i get a flat pano (like a sheet of paper) to move around.

Best regards - Stefan

Edited once, last by Stefan.L (February 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!