Force HTML5 on Android

• Hi

Is there a way to force the HTML5 version to show on Android?

The newest version of Android does not support Flash and if I set html to 'auto' I just get an error message telling me to download Flash (Google Nexus 7 - Chrome) which I cannot do.

If I set html to 'prefer' then chrome on Android displays the pano but this means that html5 is also the default for desktop browsers which isn't ideal as the Flash version on desktops usually runs much better.

Ideally I want all mobile devices to use html5 but all desktops to run the flash version (perhaps with a html5 fallback).

I am probably asking for too much but you don't get if you don't ask *smile*

• Hi,

is your krpano embedding script (swfkrpano.js) not up to date?
    I ask because the html5 version should be automatically loaded on Android Chrome.

Additionally you could try such to set htm5=prefer for all Android devices and html5=auto for all other ones:

Code
    embedpano({... , html5:(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Android") >= 0 ? "prefer" : "auto") });

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

is your krpano embedding script (swfkrpano.js) not up to date?
    I ask because the html5 version should be automatically loaded on Android Chrome.

Additionally you could try such to set htm5=prefer for all Android devices and html5=auto for all other ones:

Code
    embedpano({... , html5:(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Android") >= 0 ? "prefer" : "auto") });

Best regards,
    Klaus

Klaus, bingo! This will be very helpful. I wanted to achieve this, but didn´t want to set all devices to html5 prefer. Thanx!

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

• What file and where do you put this code into?

That's the html file - more information here - but adding this would be not necessary, the latest krpano version are preferring html5 on Android by default.

Still can't view krpano on android offline.

When offline viewing is not working, then the reason is mostly related to the Browser security restrictions. What Android browser or offline-reader app are you using?

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!