Panoramas into different layers...

• Hi,

theoretical that would be already possible by using distorted hotspots as cube faces,
    but then limited to 2880x2880 pixels per cubeface...

here a full example code:

for this example you just need two cubical pano image files,
    (e.g. pano1_l.jpg, pano1_f.jpg, pano1_r.jpg, pano1_b.jpg, pano1_u.jpg, pano1_d.jpg and pano2_l.jpg, pano2_f.jpg, pano2_r.jpg, pano2_b.jpg, pano2_u.jpg, pano2_d.jpg)

best regards,
    Klaus

• This is really a wonderful example and quite helpful even if I'm not sure I fully understand all of it's workings yet.

But, there is one thing that I would like to change that I can't figure out how to, perhaps it's a bug, perhaps it's just my lack of understanding - not sure.

When you use this code as is, the onkeyup event will not work until the "pano" or full cube hotspot has been moved at least a pixel or two. That is no onkeyup event is noted unless the mouse has moved the view.

Is this the expected behavior? I would really like to have the onkeyup event be recognized without having to move the view.

Regards,

Robert

• I guess I'll start looking, but is there a way to get the keyboard focus without having to have the viewer click on the image?

UPDATE: Can't find anyway to do this with just XML or the actions or events I can find at least.

Regards,

Robert

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von image360 (17. Februar 2010 um 18:08)

• Hello,

I think this is a wonderful example of how flexible and powerful krpano is. I hope you don't leave this technique buried here in the forums.

I found this thread purely by serendipitous accident, and Klaus' code solves a problem I've been thinking about for a long time.

What I have are two panoramas I shot in the winter and spring and wanted to effectively show the seasonal change. My first solution was to splice the panoramas side by side, making one 720-degrees wide, and then created a cylindrical QTVR for display. It worked but was not very satisfying.

I think I discovered my ideal solution in this thread....

Here's the seasonal change pano I created. This is just one page from a web site I'm updating to use krpano.

I think it works remarkably well. Especially so because I didn't plan ahead of time to try to do this; it was only while setting up the spring panorama shot that I decided I would try to match the winter scene.

Now if only I could get the two panos to match better than the manual tweaking I used....

Cheers,
    Joe

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!