Please test: hotspot icons not visible - sometimes...

• Hello,

finally, I got a larger tour published here (addtional content provided by my partner): http://sultanqaboosgrandmosque.com

Today I received a report, that a set of hotspots is missing in some of the panoramas sometimes. Please navigate to the "Mosque Overview" panorama (the 12th in the thumbs navigation, you might wish to switch to english language first via the drop down menu). Apart from the still shot icons, there should be hotspots to other panoramas, a sound icon at the minaret etc.

I had a hard time to find this error myself, but in the end I managed. It seems that there is some sort of Safari-related delayed loading issue. When using an iPad or a Macbook the hotspots are missing, but only, when you try to load the panoramas immediately after tour start with empty cache. Once you navigate the tour and happen to come across one of the panoramas in question, its all ok. Even when you run into this issue, navigate to another panorama and navigate back, the hotspots will then show up as they should.

So, would you mind checking this issue for me to gather more information, what setups are affected, what the reason might be and how to deal with it?

Any help appreciated very much,

Michael

EDIT Google Chrome Browser on iPad shows the same issue. No testing on Mac OS so far from my side.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mstoss (22. März 2013 um 16:44)

• Hi,

there is a known bug with invisible hotspots in the current (1.0.8.15) html5 version.
    When a hotspot is hidden at startup (e.g. visible="false") and the pano was blended in, then the hotspot will be still invisible, even when setting visible="true" for the hotspot.

This bug will be fixed in the next release.

A workaround can be adding - onloaded="copy(alpha,alpha);" - to the <hotspot> element.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you Klaus, well - ok then, but the hotspots are not set to be invisible at startup, e.g.:

And this would not explain, why the hotspots are invisible when first viewed, but are present at the second view or when navigating to the scene with a bit of a delay. BTW - could you verify this behavior?

Yours, Michael

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!