Load initial pano before interface.

• Hi,

I have a global interface with lots of components (menu, combo box, buttons, slideshow) that currently loads before the initial pano. This takes quite a while and instead I'd like the components to load up AFTER the first panorama so the user can at least take a look around while all the graphics appear.

It sounds rudimentary but what code do I need to do this.
    I had most of the interface code in its own xml file and used <include> tag so I understand that krpano will search for and load this xml file before parsing the main xml.
    So, I got rid of the include tag and added the code to the main xml, but still loading the same way. Just wondering where do I go from here to get that first pano loading before anything else.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

• inluded elements are parsed before loading pano so this is not right direction.

When whole set of gui elements are at right possition you can turn them off by setting their paramenter visible to false. Or their parents, depends on how you designed your code.
    Than create action e.g. turn_gui_on where you will turn all of them to visible="true" but this actions is to be called just once after first panorama is loaded. One way is to set on variable at onstart
    e.g. first_start_gui to true and than on global event onloadcomplete you can have:

if(first_start_gui ,
    set(first_start_gui ,false);
    wait(2);
    turn_gui_on ();
    );

Did you get the point?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!