Hiding Buttons in html5

• Hello,

I am new to krpano and testing if I can use it for my purposes. It seems to be far more than I need for a fair price. But I didnt manage to solve one thing for a few hours now. Forum and Docs didn't help either:

I am using the default demo of krpano, no changes.
    I found out how to hide the control buttons like this:

<action name="showButtons">
    set(layer[btn_in].visible, false);
    </action>

But this seems to have absolutely no effect on the buttons when using the HTML5 viewer. Also, when using visible="false" in a button element directly it doesn't hide it in HTML5 but it works in flash mode.

It seems to be a pretty simple task, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere, I even studied some source code of projects that hide the control bar, but I always end up managing to hide the controls in flash but not in html5.

As I said, I am still using the default demo you can download here, nothing more.

Thanks a lot for any hints in the right direction,
    Thomas.

• Don't know if I understood you but you can try defining when you want some elements to be defined using devices paramenter.
    E.g. If you want some button to be there only on IPAD and IPHONE you can use devices="iphone|ipad" in plugin/layer/hotspot definition.
    Narrow you research in that direction. Good example is provided in Krpano package in file defaultskin.xml. There you can see other variations with desptop, flash, android...

If no luck give link to your code with detailed requirement description.
    regards
    Umalo

• Hi Umalo,

thanks a lot for your answer.

I forgot to write that I simply tried to hide the control buttons (+,-,up, down, ...) and it worked in flash but not in html5.

After reading your answer I realized that I did only test the viewer in Safari the whole yesterday. And while viewing in Firefox I realized, that everything I tried works fine there. The html5 viewer simply was cached in Safari the whole time and by that the flash player showed every change I did, but the html5 viewer didn't.
    I am doing web development a few years now, but it never happened that I spend half a useless day viewing a cached site over and over again without realizing it, grrr. :)

Thanks again for your effort,
    Thomas.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!