HTML5 and ANDROID

• First of all, greetings. It's the first time i write here although i've been thinking about it a long time.

Second, sorry for my english, i know it is not very good. Anyway i hope you will be able to understand me =)

I'm developing an Android app which uses some panoramas. These panoramas are in a server and the android app uses a webview to embed them inside my app. I have tested the applications in some devices with different results:

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Android 4.0.3), 3Q Tablet PC BC9710AM (Android 4.0.4), Gemini GEM7008 (Android 4.0.4), Asus Transformer TF101 (Android 4.2.2) and Samsung Galaxy SIII (Android 4.1.1) work really great. The panorama viewer works fine and smooth.

- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (Android 4.0.4) and Huawei Daytona (Android 4.1.1) don't load the panoramas or load them in a very strange way.

According to krpano and Android documentation, Android versions beneath Ice Cream Sandwich will use Flash to load the panoramas without problems. For versions equal or above ICS, the panoramas will display fine or not depending on the kind of device. "Even with the same Android version there can be rendering differences between different Android devices."

Is there a list or something similar with android compatible devices for HTML5 panorama viewer? It's the only possibility i see to use krpano embedded in my app. To check using code the kind of device the user has and see if it is compatible with the viewer.

A better possibility could be to limit the access to my app in the Manifest with some kind of uses-feature line that makes Google Play to filter and show the app to compatible devices only. But i think this won't be realizable.

Anyway i'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

• I have 623 different devices in my Mobile stats.

3 of them are Apple and they are 68% of the visitors.

Android is 28.75% and the rest Windows,Blackberry Nokia etc is just 3.25%.

My guess is that we have at least 580 different Android devices.

Good luck in testing them.

Hans

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!