• Hi there Meneer.

Great work as always :)

How can i upgrade my current version from krpanotools-1.0.8.15-win64-2012-10-05 to krpanotools-1.16.1-win64 ?

I have lots of setting i have configured i don't have to think that i have to manually redo config all over again ?

Is this possible or how can i transfer my setting and custom config files to new version ?

Kind Regards

Johann

• Hi,

This occurred to me when I encrypted the tour.xml file. (yes, I had the html5 box checked) Everything worked fine on desktops, but on any mobile device all I got was a black screen.

Just a black screen without anything is strange and shouldn't happen of course.
    Can you please show an example for this case?

I solved the problem. I had preload="true" on a container which was doing it. Not sure why as it worked in the previous version but glad I found it. Thanks guys

Here too - can you please show an example for this case?
    I'm trying to reproduce such problem, but haven't found a not-working case yet... just preload=true itself should be not the problem...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

How can i upgrade my current version from krpanotools-1.0.8.15-win64-2012-10-05 to krpanotools-1.16.1-win64 ?

I have lots of setting i have configured i don't have to think that i have to manually redo config all over again ?

Is this possible or how can i transfer my setting and custom config files to new version ?

Reusing existing config and template files should be no problem.
    The tools and the viewer should be still compatible.

Either just copy the config and templates from the old version to the new version,
    or copy the new viewer (*.swf, *.js, plugins) and tools files from the new version to the old one.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Here too - can you please show an example for this case?
    I'm trying to reproduce such problem, but haven't found a not-working case yet... just preload=true itself should be not the problem...

Hey Klaus, I had a container layer at the start of my tour with language buttons like this:

Code
    <layer name="intro_screen" type="container" parent="textbox" keep="true" align="center" x="2%" y="60%" width="450" height="90" preload="true"  >
    <layer name="english_btn" url="%CURRENTXML%/skin/intro_buttons.png" keep="true" align="center" x="-150" y="0" crop="0|0|320|158" onovercrop="0|158|320|158" ondowncrop="0|158|320|158" ondown="set(language,english); set(layer[intro_screen].visible, false);"  />

<layer name="irish_btn" url="%CURRENTXML%/skin/intro_buttons.png" keep="true" align="center" x="150" y="0" crop="320|0|320|158" onovercrop="320|158|320|158" ondowncrop="320|158|320|158" ondown="set(language,irish); set(layer[intro_screen].visible, false);" />			

</layer>

It was ok in the flash version but in HTML it was just black until I removed preload=true. Strange I know...

• Hi,

Reusing existing config and template files should be no problem.
    The tools and the viewer should be still compatible.

Either just copy the config and templates from the old version to the new version,
    or copy the new viewer (*.swf, *.js, plugins) and tools files from the new version to the old one.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus.

I used your krpano update tool will that work as well ?

Were is the tools files ?

Regards

Johann

• Hi,

I used your krpano update tool will that work as well ?

Were is the tools files ?

The krpano Update Tool is for updating old swf/js viewer files that have embedded data (like embedded licenses) - the tool will keep all the embedded data and should update the viewer itself in that files.

But that's not related to using config and templates file usage!

Hey Klaus, I had a container layer at the start of my tour with language buttons like this:
    <layer name="intro_screen" type="container" parent="textbox" keep="true" align="center" x="2%" y="60%" width="450" height="90" preload="true" >

It was ok in the flash version but in HTML it was just black until I removed preload=true. Strange I know...

Okay,the problems seems to be related to the parent usage - can you please show also the declaration of the textbox element?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Okay,the problems seems to be related to the parent usage - can you please show also the declaration of the textbox element?

Sorry Klaus I should've added that. The above sits within a container:

Code
    <layer name="textbox" type="container" align="center" x="0" y="0" width="90%" height="90%" zorder="99" scalechildren="true" bgcolor="0x111111" bgalpha="0" bgcapture="true" keep="true" >
  • Hi,

The krpano Update Tool is for updating old swf/js viewer files that have embedded data (like embedded licenses) - the tool will keep all the embedded data and should update the viewer itself in that files.

But that's not related to using config and templates file usage!

OK But were is the tools files ?

• From reading this thread I THINK I'm ok, but I think I should ask just in case:

Previously (actually in this past week, but with the previous KRPano version) I created a couple of custom droplets — by editing duplicates of the MAKE PANO (NORMAL) and MAKE VRTOUR (NORMAL) apps — as well as creating customised .skin, .config, .xml files and graphics for those droplets. Should I just copy over those elements into the equivalent locations in the new krpanotools 1.16.1 folder?

• Hi,

First, how do I upgrade my existing tours with krpano 1.16?

Either replace the viewer files (swf, js) manually or use the krpano Update Tool.
    The plugin files always need to be replaced manually.

Second, does the new version's HTML5 little planet support include iPads?

No, sorry, 'little planet ' works only when WebGL is available - and WebGL isn't available in iOS.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks, but I'm unfortunately still not able to reproduce an example where I would get a black screen...
    Can you please send me (privately) a link to the full example?

Hey Klaus I added preload="true" back into the layer and the error isnt happening anymore *confused*
    This was definitely happening before or maybe I have totally lost it. Which is possible...

• Klaus, what am I doing wrong?
    I used the code from below inside a scene in 1.15 but when I use the same code in 1.16.1 I get the error message "loading of sound/sound.mp3 failed"

• actually i'm testing in firefox on windows.
    but it must work inhtml5 and on surface/win8.

firefox always has played my mp3s in tours.

funny enough, when i created the tour with 1.15 and used the updater tool it also works in 1.16.1.
    but i can assure you that i more then triple checked the codes before because i first thought i had made a typing error or such.

when i find the time i will investigate further and keep you posted.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!