• Hi,

I downloaded the new version - but it was only the tools?

How do you mean with 'but it was only the tools'?

I had a 1.8.15 project with tooltips.Now they don't work in 1.16.3

Same problem, not more tooltips when using html5 and MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.bat (1.16.3).Could you please help Klaus?

Note - since version 1.16 the NORMAL droplets set html5=prefer instead of html5=auto in the html files!
    This means the HTML5 viewer will be preferred when both - Flash and HTML5 - are available.
    And in the HTML5 viewer there is no 'showtext()' action - so the tooltips via showtext() will not work there - they will work only in Flash.

In one of the next releases the showtext() usage in the vtourskin.xml will be changed to tooltips that will work like in the tooltips example:
    https://krpano.com/examples/116/e…ml?html5=prefer
    This way they will work in Flash and HTML5.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• hi klauss!

i have a question: in the last version 1.16.3 i can read in the news:

Templates / Skins
    Change: vtourskin.xml - Avoid gyro usage on Android devices.

this is the code:

Code
    <plugin name="skin_gyro"        keep="true" url="" html5_url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/gyro.js" devices="html5+!firefox+!android" enabled="false" camroll="true" friction="0" velastic="0" onavailable="if(device.fullscreensupport, if(device.mobile,add(layer[skin_btn_gyro].x,40),add(layer[skin_btn_gyro].x,20));); set(layer[skin_btn_gyro].visible,true);" />

i tested it on my tablet samsung galaxy tab2 with android 4.1.2 with the native browser and the gyro plugin is still enabled. only on firefox browser is disabled.

how can i remove the gyro plugin on all android devices on all browsers? (i want to keep it enabled only on iphone and ipad devices)

thanks!

• Hi,

i tested it on my tablet samsung galaxy tab2 with android 4.1.2 with the native browser and the gyro plugin is still enabled. only on firefox browser is disabled.

I would say this is impossible!
    Make sure that the vtourskin.xml from 1.16.3 is uploaded and also clear the browser cache to make sure that it will be loaded.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Yes that setting in the html file was tripping me up.
    I got this to work now using 1.16.3
    http://www.izonemedia.com/vtourcg2/tour.html

I like to use 2 different buttons sizes. One for flash and one for mobile.

• hi klaus!

i got some problems with the last version of krpano and android...

krpano 1.16.3 tested on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 with Android 3.2 on native browser = black screen
    krpano 1.16.3 tested on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 with last version of android available (just made the update) on native browser = it load the virtual tour but the fov is not right (the images size are not right)

i can't do more tests because the device is not mine...but with the previous version of krpano it works fine on both Android versions...

Edited 2 times, last by Aperol (May 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM).

• Hi,

I don't have a GT-P7500 for testing, but a GT-7510 with Android 4.0.4 (should be the same device but Wifi-only) and I can't see any differences between these two links. They work the same but often let the browser fall back into the buggy css3d-software-rendering...

with Android 3.2 on navite browser = black screen

Just a black screen without any error message?
    That should be normally not possible. A Android 3.2 device should either display the Flash version or shown an error that the browser isn't HTML5 compatible...

Btw - keep in mind that the Android stock browsers (and all other WebView-based browsers) are very bad regarding CSS3D support and they will be not longer developed by Google. I would hardly recommend using Chrome, Opera Beta or Firefox on Android. In these browsers you links are working very fine (especially Android Firefox displays and performs very well).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• hi Klaus!

about android 3.2, yes. using the native browser i saw only a black screen. nothing happen. i tried to update the page some times without any results. no error message or flash\html5 error displayed. ( i haven't tested on different browsers)

my big issue is that normally the users are noobs.. people just use the browser that is already installed in the device instead of search and install a new app of a browser..

is there a way to avoid the css3d bug in the last version of krpano 1.16.3 with android on native browser?

• Hi,

my big issue is that normally the users are noobs.. people just use the browser that is already installed in the device instead of search and install a new app of a browser..

I know of course, but the Android stock browsers are just this fundamentally bad, that there are real fixes not possible. Keep in mind that the Android stock browser has very buggy memory management, so that one time the pano might work and next time not because there is no enough free ram - by installing additional Apps like 'Cool Tool - system stats' this behavior can be good monitored.

The only REAL solution will be probably time and newer Android versions and devices where the current Android WebView will be replaced by Chrome WebViews.

is there a way to avoid the css3d bug in the last version of krpano 1.16.3 with android on native browser?

Which bug exactly do you mean?
    Can you describe it detailed, maybe with screenshots or videos?
    There should be no CSS3D specific bug in krpano 1.16.3 - the HTML5/CSS3D output from version 1.16.3 is EXACTLY the same like in 1.16.1!

If you want to avoid the fall back into software rendering you could try using smaller images, but then this will affect also newer and more powerfull Android devices...
    e.g. try:

Code
    <display hardwarelimit="256" devices="androidstock" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I found some strange thing maybe somebody clear it out.
    i've placed krpano-1.16.3 folder on local server (Denver) to see and check examples files. Demotour-corfu tour.html works fine, but tour_html5.html have errors - ERROR: ../../../plugins/scrollarea.js - loading failed! (undefined) and ERROR: ../../../plugins/bingmaps.js - loading failed! (undefined) and ERROR: ../../../plugins/bingmaps.js - loading failed! (undefined) but pano itself works fine.
    HTML5 is working on lokal server but why this problem with pathes?

• please use the chrome brouwser on android.
    Stock brouwser has to small memory (when i'm right)
    or make your mobile images smaller.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,

I found some strange thing maybe somebody clear it out.
    i've placed krpano-1.16.3 folder on local server (Denver) to see and check examples files. Demotour-corfu tour.html works fine, but tour_html5.html have errors - ERROR: ../../../plugins/scrollarea.js - loading failed! (undefined) and ERROR: ../../../plugins/bingmaps.js - loading failed! (undefined) and ERROR: ../../../plugins/bingmaps.js - loading failed! (undefined) but pano itself works fine.
    HTML5 is working on lokal server but why this problem with pathes?

Please check all paths and test if the files are accessible. From krpano side there should be no problem here.

i tested again the virtual tour on the tablet Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 with android 4.0.4 (the last available) of my friend (tour made with krpano 1.16.3 ), i opened it with android browser:

What you see is the buggy tiled-based rendering of the Android WebView-based browsers. It happens when the browser has too low memory. There is no real way to detect it or to avoid it.

As Tuur already said - use Android Chrome or Android Firefox - these browsers are newer and better and don't have that 'bug'.
    Or wait for Android 5.0 or Android 6.0 where Google will hopefully have replaced the current WebView with a Chrome-based one .
    From developer point-of-view there is currently no possibility to let all kind of tours automatically work in WebView-based browsers on ALL Android devices. If you want to avoid that situation you could detect that browsers by the 'androidstock' devices setting and then just show a message that a different browser should be used...

i don't know why it can run without any issue a tour made with krpano 1.16.1 , and not with 1.16.3

Was the tour exactly the same when testing, comparing?
    Same memory usage?
    Same free device memory when testing? (The free memory can be shown in the top-bar by apps like 'Cool stats')
    E.g. already one additional thumbnail can cause hitting the browsers memory limit and so that bad rendering.
    The krpano CSS3D rendering itself is the same in 1.16.1 and 1.16.3 and can't make the difference.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I have a strange problem with the tooltips_hotspots

I set it on true on tour.xml and vtourskin.xml. On the tour_editor.html it works fine but on tour.html it does not show up. Nothing else was changed. I use Firefox. Any idea about that?

Another question is about hide the thumbs and let them pop up again with mouse onover the menu bar (or just the thumbs field)
    Therefor i used this code to hide them after a few seconds:

Code
    <events name="closethumbs" keep="true"
        	onnewpano="delayedcall(7, skin_showthumbs(false)); set(events[closehumbs].onnewpano,null); set(events[closethumbs].keep,false);"
        	/>

...this works fine.

to let them pop up i tried to ad "onover="skin_showthumbs()" at the end of the <layer name="skin_btn_thumbs"... line in the vtourskin.xml. But with no result. If i use onhover instead of onover then there comes the effect. But it is not the right one. Perfect would be mouse onover the menubar...

Thanks in advance and a great new update at all!

Regards

• Hi,

I set it on true on tour.xml and vtourskin.xml. On the tour_editor.html it works fine but on tour.html it does not show up. Nothing else was changed. I use Firefox. Any idea about that?

In the tour.html the embedding setting html5=prefer is set by default - that mean when opening the tour.html in Firefox probably the HTML5 viewer was used - the tour_editor.html on the other side has set html5=never, which means that it will always use the Flash version.

And in HTML5 the showtext() action, which was used by the tooltips, is not supported - and that means the skin tooltips are currently working only in Flash.

to let them pop up i tried to ad "onover="skin_showthumbs()" at the end of the

The skin_btn_thumbs button is loading the attributes from the 'skin_glow' <style> element - and there the onover event is already set - that means the onover event from the style will overwrite your onover event.

Here a way for simply extending the skin_glow <style> for an optional additional onover code:

1. add a check for the existence of an 'onover2' event - and if its there - call it - e.g. here the red code:
      <style name="skin_glow"

onover="if(skin_lockglow === null, copy(skin_lockglow,name); skin_buttonglow(get(name),0.3) );
      if(onover2, onover2());"
      />
    2. then as second step - simply add an onover2 event to the button:
      <layer name="skin_btn_thumbs" ... onover2="skin_showthumbs()" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I too have the problem of the black screen, without any error-messages on Android (Samsung Galaxy S2 with Firefox). It seems that the tour is somehow working in the background but just not visible. If I reload the page the full tour pops up for a second and then the reload-process begins. On Chrome everything works just fine (both, firefox and chrome are the newest versions). For testing I add a huge "fullscreen-button" to the tour, which enters fullscreen-mode if clicked. And if I start the tour on android-firefox and then click on the black screen I can see that the fullscreen-mode starts, the tour becomes again visible for a second and the whole browser rotates 90 degrees, like if I would have rotated the handy which I´m not! Veeery confusing *wacko*

On the Android stock-browser the tour works fine too (not black), but all graphics (layers/plugins) are way too big and the whole tour looks very pixelated. This scaling-thing is another very annoying problem.

I really start to hate krpano on Android because of all the problems! And my clients are starting to hate these problems too *thumbdown*

EDIT: Just found out that if I wipe across the surface from side to side the tour becomes visible. But all plugins are huge, but working, and I can´t control the pano itself. Autorotate works but I can´t look around.

EDIT2: If I use html5:"prefer" the tour shows up correctly, but wont work. No buttons, no autorotation starts, nothing. Just like if it would crash after it is fully loaded. And it´s not just my tours, the krpano-examples are showing the exact same errors, which makes me feel a little better because it means it´s not my tour only. But still.... *wink*

LG
    Nupsi
    P.S.: Tested with krpano 1.16.1 and 1.16.3

Edited once, last by Nupsi (May 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM).

• Hi,

it seems you were talking about Android Flashplayer issues...
    Especially Flash+Firefox on Android are not working well, but these problems are not directly related to krpano...

I'm already thinking about letting the embedding script always prefer HTML5 on Android by default, regardless if the Flashplayer is installed or not...

About your 'EDIT2' description - which browsers have you tested?
    I don't have a Galaxy S2, but several other Android devices (TF700T, Lifetab S9512, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nexus S and Nexus 7) and the html5 viewer is working on all of these devices...

Btw - I think the best browser for Android is currently Android Firefox 22 (currently Firefox Beta) with enabled WebGL - in this Firefox version Mozilla has dramatically improved the WebGL performance (there will be soon also a new krpano release where WebGL will be prefered automatically for these Firefox versions).
    E.g. test this link in Android Firefox 22:
    https://krpano.com/krpano.html?xm…l5=prefer+webgl

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

and thanks for your reply. I did use Android-Firefox 21 and now installed FF22 and somehow it works a little better, but still not without problems. I.e. when I look around the whole interface disappears when reaching a specific vlookat. Then it stays invisible for a certain angle-amount (about 10 to 20°) and then reappears. And sometimes when I load a tour the whole interfaces scaling is HUGE and other times it´s just perfect *wacko*

I´ll send you a mail with a video-link to show you the disappearing interface on FF22-Beta with your "html5:prefer"-example on Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-19100, Android-OS 4.1.2).

LG
    Nupsi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!