You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 12:32am

Tooltips?

Anybody using an external tooltip system, or is it even possible... I really like the one with FPP shown here:

http://album.reality.hu/OLD/panos/repnap/mig29_inst/

Ideally I'd like to see something that would allow you to define a hotspot (like krpano has) - and then trigger an xml-based tooltip - something that wasn't quite as robust as the textfield, more like a small tooltip - text and a grahic with the ability to click a "more" and launch something else (like a textfield). I realize I can create a custom SWF that can be triggered from a hotspot, I was just hoping to use one of the thousands of tooltip programs available at flashden.net...

Monday, November 24th 2008, 7:16pm

Hi,

it would be possible to build an external tooltip system,
but there is already a build-in function to show small texts on mouse over - showtext()
see here some examples - Textstyles example - hover the hotspots/letters to show the individually styled tooltips,

best regards,
Klaus

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 9:30pm

Would I be able to use these built in tooltips to create the instructions I use right now on my site - http://housser.ca

I just want a small box to follow the mouse until the user clicks once, and then remove it.

Alternatively, could I get a textfield to follow the mouse?

Zephyr

Professional

Wednesday, February 24th 2010, 2:34am

Just create a plugin with 100% width and height something like a 1x1 pixel image. Set alpha to 0, and onhover the showtext function. Then onclick, remove the plugin.

<plugin name="tooltipfollow" url="images/1x1.png" width="100%" height="100%" alpha="0" enabled="true" handcursor="false" zorder="100" onhover="showtext(click and drag with your mouse to look around, tooltipstyle)" onclick="removeplugin(tooltipfollow)" />

Wednesday, February 24th 2010, 2:06pm

Hi,

Quoted

Just create a plugin with 100% width and height something like a 1x1 pixel image. Set alpha to 0, and onhover the showtext function. Then onclick, remove the plugin.
that's a good solution!

Quoted

that would be also possible (with 1.0.8 beta 9):
e.g.

Source code

<plugin name="text" url="textfield.swf" ... 
           align="lefttop" 
           onloaded="follow_the_mouse(get(name));"
           />

<action name="follow_the_mouse">
  add(plugin[%1].x, mouse.x, 10);
  add(plugin[%1].y, mouse.y, 10);
  delayedcall(0.01, follow_the_mouse(%1));
</action>

best regards,
Klaus

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 6:13pm

Hi,

Quoted

that's a good solution!

Quoted

that would be also possible (with 1.0.8 beta 9):
e.g.

Source code

align="lefttop" 
           />

best regards,
Klaus
</plugin>

Hi Klaus

With the codes you posted, I get this folloing error -

""XML parser error: element is malformed (#1090)"

any idea?

Thanks

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 7:44am

Hi Klaus

With the codes you posted, I get this folloing error -

""XML parser error: element is malformed (#1090)"

any idea?
Hi,

Make sure you didn't include the ellipses from Klaus' example (the "..." were to indicate more attributes go here).

Here's a working example of a moving textfield (although I think using polygonal hotspots with onhover=showtext(hello world) is the more straightforward way to implement this).

Source code

<krpano version="1.0.8" >

<plugin name="text" url="%SWFPATH%../plugins/textfield.swf"
	   html="hello world"
	   height="20"
	   width="100"
           align="lefttop" 
           />

<action name="follow_the_mouse">
</action>	
	<preview type="grid(cube,16,16,512,0xCCCCCC,0x444444,0x999999);" details="16" />

</krpano>