• Anybody using an external tooltip system, or is it even possible... I really like the one with FPP shown here:

http://album.reality.hu/OLD/panos/repnap/mig29_inst/

Ideally I'd like to see something that would allow you to define a hotspot (like krpano has) - and then trigger an xml-based tooltip - something that wasn't quite as robust as the textfield, more like a small tooltip - text and a grahic with the ability to click a "more" and launch something else (like a textfield). I realize I can create a custom SWF that can be triggered from a hotspot, I was just hoping to use one of the thousands of tooltip programs available at flashden.net...

• Would I be able to use these built in tooltips to create the instructions I use right now on my site - http://housser.ca

I just want a small box to follow the mouse until the user clicks once, and then remove it.

Alternatively, could I get a textfield to follow the mouse?

• Just create a plugin with 100% width and height something like a 1x1 pixel image. Set alpha to 0, and onhover the showtext function. Then onclick, remove the plugin.

<plugin name="tooltipfollow" url="images/1x1.png" width="100%" height="100%" alpha="0" enabled="true" handcursor="false" zorder="100" onhover="showtext(click and drag with your mouse to look around, tooltipstyle)" onclick="removeplugin(tooltipfollow)" />

• Hi,

Just create a plugin with 100% width and height something like a 1x1 pixel image. Set alpha to 0, and onhover the showtext function. Then onclick, remove the plugin.

that's a good solution!

Alternatively, could I get a textfield to follow the mouse?

that would be also possible (with 1.0.8 beta 9):
    e.g.

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

that's a good solution!

that would be also possible (with 1.0.8 beta 9):
    e.g.

Code
    align="lefttop" 
               onloaded="follow_the_mouse(get(name));"
               />

add(plugin[%1].x, mouse.x, 10);
      add(plugin[%1].y, mouse.y, 10);
      delayedcall(0.01, follow_the_mouse(%1));

best regards,
    Klaus

</plugin>

Hi Klaus

With the codes you posted, I get this folloing error -

""XML parser error: element is malformed (#1090)"

any idea?

Thanks

• [quote='klaus.krpano',index.php?page=Thread&postID=12269#post12269]
    Hi Klaus

With the codes you posted, I get this folloing error -

""XML parser error: element is malformed (#1090)"

any idea?

Hi,

Make sure you didn't include the ellipses from Klaus' example (the "..." were to indicate more attributes go here).

Here's a working example of a moving textfield (although I think using polygonal hotspots with onhover=showtext(hello world) is the more straightforward way to implement this).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!