I need some help ;)

• I've been off for a while and as I can see lots of changes has been made in here ;)

Before I shoot my question I would love to thank Klaus for the great updates he made, most of which will help me a lot in feature projects.

I've been reading the documentation, looking for examples and trying to search the forum in order not bothering you but I'm not so sure if I'm doing it right that's why I wanted to ASK you guys.

Reading this ...

The new detection options for iPad

and this...

On mobile and tablet devices the mobile/tablet images will be used by default. But with the usedesktopimages setting, it is possible to tell the viewer to use the desktop images also on these devices.

My code should look like...

<level tiledimagewidth="2048" tiledimageheight="2048">
    <cube url="panorama-source/panoramalr10033/desktop/%s/3/%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    </level>
    <level tiledimagewidth="1024" tiledimageheight="1024">
    <cube url="panorama-source/panoramalr10033/desktop/%s/2/%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    </level>
    <level tiledimagewidth="512" tiledimageheight="512">
    <cube url="panorama-source/panoramalr10033/desktop/%s/1/%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    </level>
    <mobile devices="mobile">
    <cube url="panorama-source/panoramalr10033/mobile/mobile_%s.jpg" />
    </mobile>
    <tablet devices="ipad+retina">
    <cube url="panorama-source/panoramalr10033/tablet/ipad_retina_gs4_%s.jpg" />
    </tablet>

... where my mobile images are 1024px and my ipad+retina are 1414px.

My question is: Do I need to add... <display usedesktopimages="true" hardwarelimit="512" devices="mobile" /> if I want all mobile devices with lower resolution than 1024 to display my desktop images at level 1 or it automatically recognizes it? The new Nexus 10 has resolution screen of 2560x1600px will this automatically load the 3rd level of 2048px (4x4tiles) or is it better if I make tile-less image?

Also the new Samsung Galaxy S4 has resolution screen 1920x1080px and I would like to use my iPad+Retina images (1414px). How do I do that?

Or is it better to create a code detecting the screen size and load that particular image you need? How to do that? I've been thinking of external .xml files and includes... but this sounds insane amount of work.

• Hi,

note - the screen resolution of a device is no guarantee that it is able to handle a certain size of cube-images!

For using the bigger images for retina iPads, you would need to add also this setting:

Code
    <display hardwarelimit="1414" devices="ipad+retina" />

Detecting the screensize of an Android tablet is not possible with devices setting.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!