SOLVED iframe on ipad (near) fullscreen: how to?

• As far as I understand from the documentation, using an iframe for viewing panoramas is no good idea on all devices. Moreover, the dodumentation states on html5:

"HTML5 Fullscreen Mode

• Since version 1.0.8.15 build 2012-10-05, the krpano HTML5 viewer is also supporting the HTML5 Fullscreen API.
      With it and when the browser supports it (btw - iOS currently not),
      it is possible to switch to fullscreen mode also with HTML5.

"

That means, that you will not be able to resize the panorama on ipad to something close to fullscreen (with the tab area still open) from within an iframe? I tried to use a simple trick by adding onclick="openurl(url,_blank);" to a button, but without the desired result. That is... a new tab opens but the screen is black until you reload the new tab. What's happening here? There must be some standard workaround for this after all. I do avoid iframes on my own, but sometimes my clients insist on using them. So I don't really expect a "true" fullscreen on ipad, how do I achieve this workaround by opening a new tab without iframe.

Any help very much appreciated...

Michael

Edited once, last by mstoss (April 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM).

• Hi,

That means, that you will not be able to resize the panorama on ipad to something close to fullscreen (with the tab area still open) from within an iframe?

Right, that's technically not possible.

I tried to use a simple trick by adding onclick="openurl(url,_blank);" to a button, but without the desired result. That is... a new tab opens but the screen is black until you reload the new tab.

Which krpano and iOS version are you using?
    When the screen is just black then either the iOS 6 'requestAnimationFrame' bug can be the reason (the 1.16 versions has workaround for this iOS bug) or there is just not enough memory so that the browsers stops working here...

As alternative you could also try - openurl(url, _top) - to open the link in the current tag.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you Klaus,

When the screen is just black then either...

Seems to be the first cause, the iOS bug. Opening in the same tab did not help, first updating to the brand new version fixed it. I don't know what would be a better solution, the _blank or the _top target. In both cases you will have the choice to return to the clients page and in both cases the tab layout on the iPad is dominant. No visual disadvantage. Maybe the _top target is to be preferred, cause when I understand you right, less memory is used. More a question of experienced users or not: It is still more demanding to use the back arrow than closing the active tab *wink*

Good to know in any case - written in capitals, as they say in danish - that there is no nice solution for this on iPad. What a pity when you remember what Apple once did for the popularity of panoramas ages ago. Well, still nice to look at, though not perfect.

Tausend Dank noch mal,

Michael

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!