How to highlight a selected area while dimming the not selected area?!

• Hello everyone,

We are making a virual tour of Het Spoorwegmuseum in Utrecht. Our idea was to make a map which will send you to different areas using polygonal hotspot structure.
    To keep a long story short;

This is the effect we want to achieve: http://www.spoorwegmuseum.nl/flash/flash_plattegrond.swf
    We want to dim the rest of the map while highlighten the selected area.

But we only got it this far with the default functions of KrPano: http://www.profimage.nl/panos/projecte…t/a/LWpfXy.html

Here is the xml-code:

• I think you need to add onover and onout attributes to each hotspot.

The onover attribute would specify an action which would set the alpha of the current hotspot to 0, allowing the underlying image to appear at full brightness.
    In the same action change the alpha of all the other hotspots to to a value between 0 and 1, causing the underlying image to appear darker.

The action specified in the onout attribute would reset all hotspot alpha values to 0, making the entire map visible.

It will take some experimenting with hotspot fillcolor and alpha to achieve the results you desire.

• First create the mask that will cover all parts other than covered by your spots. You can take a look on vigneting or similar examples in Krpano examples. E.g. link

When you combine with you should get something like:

Than you give your spots fill that match the masked area. result as here:

Give your spots on over action to set alpha="0" becoming transparent and giving you area you want to see with no mask -> when mouse over you should get:

If you ask your self how to make mask image. I would turn on default visbility and fill of all existing spots. Make screencapture. Go to some vector editing programs. Put your original image on background. Put your screen capture on layer above (with perfect matching with your iamge) On new layer drow objects to exactly match the spots. At the end draw one big box and substract your spot object. Result should be similar to left side image in my a.jpg.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!