Has anyone run virtual tours 'locally' on Android devices using sd card?

• Hi All

Has anyone run krpano virtual tours locally on an Android Tablet?

I've got a a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7". I'm assuming I can copy vt folder to micro sd card and then run VT locally, but would like to hear from anyone who has actually done it *smile*

Thanks in advance.

Tim

• Just tested this pm (samsung galaxy tab 2 7") and it works fine.

Copied the virtual tour from PC to a folder on microsd card.

Then on tablet, selected my files, extSdCard and clicked on folder containing vt and then on the .html to run the tour.

Get prompted 'complete action using... DB Text Editor, Firefox, HTML Viewer. Note HTML Viewer returns error 'Javascript not activated' so used Firefox (which I had previously installed) which worked fine.

Dont know why chrome or default viewer does not appear, any ideas? *confused*

Tim

• Further update...

Discovered that only firefox (not chrome or native android browser) will let you run krpano tours locally, get a javascript error with the other browsers, which I believe (searching through this forum) is because they dont let you run javascript locally.

So to summarise...

Yes you can run krpano vt's locally on on Android devices, but need to use firefox as browser.

cheers

Tim

• hi

about the virtual tour that you run locally on android, may i know if in your tour there are plugins installed like swfaddress, bing map or other kind of plugins ?

because i'm not able to load a tour locally on android... and i have your same device.. samsung galaxy tab2 7.0 with android 4.1.2

• Hell all,

I'm testing a tour and it works on PC and tablet. (the new update 1.16.3) The browser built in to the tablet (the one when it asks how to run ) will not run due to java, well its more than that but i digress.
    OK use the "Click-able Icon" browser. Now select the address and put real path to the tour.html.

This is what i use: file:///mnt/extsd/vtour/tour.html

Then I save it as Bookmark so i don't need to type the long address.
    note on my tablet, there are two sdcards, the one i put in the slot and one in the tablet. That being said the "extsd" may be different for you.

Now this is the stock browser not a app i downloaded. My 99.00 tablet specs are:

Device Detection PropertyDevice Detection ValueconnectorsmicroUSB, 3.5mm Headphone
    design_antennaInternal
    design_dimensions

design_formfactorTablet
    design_keyboardScreen
    design_sidekeys

design_softkeys

design_weight

display_colorYes
    display_colors

display_otherCapacitive Touchscreen, Multitouch
    display_size10"
    display_type

display_x600
    display_y1024
    featuresFacebook,
    Twitter, Youtube, Gmail, Google Play, Google Search, Google Maps,
    Google Talk, Calendar, Calculator, Organizer, Clock, Mini HDMI
    general_aliases

general_batteryLi-Po
    general_browser

general_browser_version

general_cpu1.2Ghz
    general_eusar

general_imageematicexlb3b-1361951543-0.jpg
    general_language

general_modelEXLB3B
    general_platformAndroid
    general_platform_version4.0
    general_typeTablet
    general_vendorEmatic
    media_audio

media_camera3MP
    media_other

media_secondcamera

media_videocaptureYes
    media_videoplayback

memory_internal4GB, 512MB RAM
    memory_slotmicroSD, 32GB
    network802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!