You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tonnes

Beginner

• "tonnes" started this thread

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 11:27pm

Image Caching for Virtual Tours

It would be great to have a reliable way to cache images while someone is viewing a virtual tour: After the first pano is loaded, to be able to specify which images to load next, in sequence. Also, since I'm working on a virtual tour GUI it would be nice to be able to determine when the images are being loaded, and when they are compleded loading into the cache so this activity can be reflected in the thumbnails. If someone chooses a scene that hasn't been cached yet, caching temporarily stops while the scene loads.

My GUI developer doesn't believe it is currently possible to do this, but perhaps a future release of krpano will make it easier for us to implement?

Monday, November 24th 2008, 7:22pm

Thanks for your request!

I have already planned a caching-system for a future release,
maybe in the 1.0.9 or in the 1.1.0 release.

best regards,
Klaus