You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 9:13pm

Performance question

Hi again!

Klaus, one more question. ;-)

I want to make virtual tour based on dozens scenes (let's say about hundred scenes).
Most of actions, plugins and hotspots are global, and scenes have not so many particular elements.
In the scenes I want use textfields, hotspots with images and so on.

I have all this stuff in one xml file and make one swf file (with krprotect).
I think about performance. Are these all scenes, images and so on, loaded at starting the panorama, or loaded dynamically if needed?
Are the data from external html file for textfield loaded dynamically if needed?

I am afraid it will be to much for one xml file.

Greg

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 1:43am

Hi greg,
i was struggling to with this...

i now dosomething like:

Source code

<krpano version="1.0.8" logkey="true"  onstart="action(moveto20);">

<include url="mask.xml" />
	<include url="structure.xml" />
	<include url="googlemaps.xml" />
	<include url="actions.xml" />

</krpano>

in those files you can make your things.. you can call it as you like and put there as you like .. it will be all in the tour.xml at the end..

have fun

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 9:57am

Hi,

the contents of a <scene> are only loaded on need,
so you can have as much scenes as you want, no problem

best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 8:28am

Hi!

Klaus, I have two more questions... ;-)

1. If I go from one scene to another, is the memory used by the scene released directly?
You know, I think about what can happen if users go through dozen scenes and every scene take some memory and give it not back. On the older computers it may raise problem?

2. Are the plugins or actions inside the particular scene like local variables?
I think if the names can be the same. For example in every scene the "onstart" action has the same name.

Regards
Greg

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 11:33am

Hi,
1. If I go from one scene to another, is the memory used by the scene released directly?
You know, I think about what can happen if users go through dozen scenes and every scene take some memory and give it not back. On the older computers it may raise problem?
yes, the memory of the current pano(scene) is directly released,

2. Are the plugins or actions inside the particular scene like local variables?
I think if the names can be the same. For example in every scene the "onstart" action has the same name.
all current plugin and hotspots without keep="true" are removed/unloaded on every new pano/scene (when no KEEPALL or KEEPPLUGINS/KEEPHOTSPOTS flags in the loadpano() were used),

it's also possible to change the "keep" attribute dynamically, e.g. to keep plugin from one pano to the other and remove it on the other pano,

actions will be always kept, but actions in the new pano/scene with the same "name" overwrite the "older" ones,

best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 1:42pm

Thanks!
I understand it better now. *smile*

Regards
Greg

autiomaa

Beginner

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 11:26pm

Thanks

Thanks for these details. Helped to understand little bit more how krpano works under the hood. :)