Video Interface loading

• Hello, I just did my first 360º Video and applied the Video Interface example in the latest KrPano 16 version.

One thing I'm struggling with is the loading part. Usually when I use the videoplayer on normal panos, the video files automatically streams, and the user won't have to wait until the end of the download to see the video. And that was what I was expecting.

But with the Video Interface example, the video seems to preload completely and only then it starts playing. Depending on the connection speed, it is usually too much time for users to wait.

What can I change in the example code so that the video starts streaming?

Here's my 360º video example:
    http://www.spacetailor.com/goingplaces/

Best regards

• Thanks for the reply Klaus.

I have several 360º with video hotspots streaming on the same server.

I looked at the actions and I did not find anything related to preloading, only some action for onvideoready I think. Could that be a reason for delay? Just shooting.

Maybe if this happen to some other krpano users could be a hint to figure this out.

• Hi,

there is no setting to let the videoplayer plugin preload or load the whole file. Internally the normal Flashplayer video streaming interfaces are used. That means it will always try to stream the videos when the browser and the server are allowing it. And there are no client-side (videoplayer) settings to change that.

That means I would recommend to check the server-side or the video itself for problems.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hola
    Tengo el mismo problema
    ¿hay alguna manera de arreglar o mejorar el reproductor de vídeo krpano?
    reproductor interfaz krpano debe usted comenzar a jugar como el video se carga en la memoria intermedia.
    saludos

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!