droplet limitation?

• Hi,

I have prepared 6 scenes in cube files, so it gives 36 files. Then I drag and drop 36 files into 'MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet' and get an error, but this is system error ('Windows can't get access to path or file...'). When I use 5 scenes - 30 files - droplet works correctly. I wonder if there is something like limitation of using batch file in number of dropping files. Of course I can convert cubes to spheres first, but I think it is not a good way to keep quality - convert 2 times between sphere and cube. Maybe I should find different way to make a tour from cubes without such limitation?

Paul,

Windows XP, tools 1.16.3

• Hi,

this is a limitation of the operation system.

When calling a batch file with drag-and-dropped file, the system will generate a 'call-string' like:

Code
    c:\path\krpanotools\kmakemultires.exe -config=templates/vtour-multires.config c:\path\panos\pano1.jpg c:\path\panos\pano2.jpg c:\path\panos\pano3.jpg

And the total length in characters of that call-string is limited. The exact limit may different from operating system to operating system.
    A way to bypass that limitation might be using shorter paths for the image - e.g. put all images in a folder that has a 'short path' - e.g. just 'c:\p\'.

Or as alternative call the kmakemultires tool from commandline and use placeholders like '*.jpg' - this there there will be no limitation - e.g.

Code
    c:\path\krpanotools\kmakemultires.exe -config=templates/vtour-multires.config c:\path\panos\*.jpg

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!