3D Stereo projection for 360 panoramas

• Hello all. I have been experimenting for some time now on creating 3D stereo panoramas..Is there a way to display my 3d panos in other 3D formats, rather than the classic anaglyph, such as side by side for active 3D or interlaced for passive 3D using krpano viewer?

• Hi,

You may check the krpano stereoscopic guide in this page .

Once the SBS krpano page was loaded, switch on the 3D function on your TV or projector and viola!

Making stereo3d panorama could be challenging as you have to rotate more often than usual to get the parrallax fixed, but not very good if you were in a fast moving place. The Aussie Guru Peter has a nice blog telling the details.

Anyway, I prefer doing it in a snapshot and more likely to shoot in some crowded or compact space, thus the insane 12-cam solution by heros360 do not fit well in my case. So, I'm making my own stereoscopic 360 video system. It shall able to make 6000x3000@24 stereo-video when it's ready

Here is a sample frame from my early prototype: back stair (SBS-3DTV)
    The sample is gyro enabled so iphone users can view the space with Hasbro's my3D or print yourself a FOV2GO

I can post the rift version if any Oculus Rift owner want a try.

Cheers,
    KC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!