• I've been trying out KRPano on the iOS7 beta. The main issue I've come across is that the title bar no longer disappears in Safari (I assume this is down to Apple fixing the scrolling exploit that let websites hide it), so everything gets bumped down and any UI elements placed towards the bottom of the screen get cut off:

This could be overcome by moving everything up slightly for iOS7 devices, but it would be good to know if Klaus is aware of the issues and has any plans to address them.

Obviously it's early days for iOS7, and some things are likely to change, but in the interest of trying to prepare ourselves for the update it would be good to know!

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

I'm already aware about that iOS7 Safari behavior and that will be addressed of course!

Best regards,
    Klaus

We knew we could trust you! For now I think we'll just work around the positioning issue ourselves, but it's great to know you're already on it.

Are you aware of any other issues with KRPano in iOS7? Everything else seemed to work smoothly from what I could see.

• Well, the problem is that iOS7 is still in beta, and things do change.

Everyone around the interwebs applied the old hide-url-bar-trick by using javascript scrollto(0,0). However, since the URL bar behaviour has changed in iOS7 this is broken. Initially (beta 1), it was badly broken, as the scrollto command would scroll the content underneath the bar (so your web app navbar would actually be hidden!). Thankfully, Apple fixed this in beta 2 (or 3), so that scrollto now scrolls to the top and stuff doesn't get hidden - BUT: the url bar is no longer pushed away.

Klaus, have you found a way around this issue?

• Klaus, have you found a way around this issue?

At the moment there seems to be no way without manual user-interaction...

That means only the user itself is currently able scroll out the urlbar - a way with that would be to use the first user panning attempts to scroll also the page un and down until the urlbar is away and then stop page scrolling and do normal panning (that means the user would need first to swipe upward) but this can look and fell very confusing (especially when not fully swiping upward or swiping downward), so this possibility wouldn't be really an alternative...

Maybe this will still change with the final iOS7 but I'm doubting... it seems that full-height websites with touch events (like panos, slideshows or games) unfortunately don't seem to have any acceptance or priority at Apple and Google - both companies are constantly ignoring such websites in their newer browser versions when they are trying to add some 'scrolling-out fullscreen' modes (e.g. the new Chrome 28 for iPad also requires special fixes for this reason)...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Chrome vs Safari reports a difference in stageheight of 76 pixels. 76 pixels that are displayed offscreen.

All normal controls on the bottom no longer shown in chrome. Hopefully, not too many people are using Chrome on the apple devices.

iOS Chrome behaves the same in iOS6 and iOS7 - that means there should be no difference here...

Or do you mean the new Chrome iPad 'fullscreen' behavior that was introduced with iPad Chrome 28?
    If yes - this is not related to iOS7 - please see here:
    The display on iPad in Chrome has changed

The new 1.17 pre-release already contains support for that iPad Chrome version and a 1.16 version with it will follow very soon.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• UPDATE***** New 1.7 works perfect with Chrome.

I'm on IOS 6 with the updated Chrome App. No special fullscreen is being used. Just the viewer extends off the screen on an iPad by 76 pixels. I will update krpano and see if that fixes it.

Hi,

iOS Chrome behaves the same in iOS6 and iOS7 - that means there should be no difference here...

Or do you mean the new Chrome iPad 'fullscreen' behavior that was introduced with iPad Chrome 28?
    If yes - this is not related to iOS7 - please see here:
    The display on iPad in Chrome has changed

The new 1.17 pre-release already contains support for that iPad Chrome version and a 1.16 version with it will follow very soon.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• How come this has not been fixed. I have not made any panos for along time and after updating to a new iPad Air I discovered that Safari does set everything around 15 pixels down.
    Chrome behaves correct. Just updated both to latest 1.16 and also to IOS 7.1 but same problem.

Do we really need to make a special Safari device setting for IOS7. If that is possible.

As far as I can see KRPano 1.17 has no problem with this.

Hans

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!