How can we do customized combobox/menu with categories.

• Lot of coding. No simple solution available. Not so complicated/rocket science but it will take some time even to experienced guys here to put all those together. As it is basically lot of textfield plugins/layers that are giving you felling of real menu there will be lot of coding involved. Actions behind to switch this and that menu and open another one.

• Thank you very much. I am a bit dissapointed :( i have looked the tutorial here it's very simple to create a tour with droplets but for customization it is'nt easy and i don't know where to start. So basiccaly for this example wich plugins i need? as i can see the only extra feature from a standard tour generated with droplet is the menu system right? my question here is; is there a way to make something like a template and implement it in the standard workflow for future tours? i can even pay for a system like that...

• Everything is possible *wink* .
    I am currently working on such a solution. Easy to integrate and easy configurable. It will be possible to define menu structure in simple way and the rest will be code that will use this information and create needed plugins and actions behind. That is much more complicated as just to create one customization so I will need some time for it. I want to give this to the community for free as I have learned a lot from people on this great forum and this will be my return to the community.

• Meanwhile I got some requests related to menus and seams to be that this can be done using the panotour. Maybe someone already experienced in Panotour can confirm that.
    I have seen several examples where the code looks strange so I just assumed that.

• actually we are using panotour pro and for now it's not really possible directly from the gui that's why i came here to ask..but maybe it's possible to manipulate the xml generated from panotour pro, but is it enough to create such a menu? i assume i need some plugins but i don't know wich one i didn't even understand the logic behind that :(

in the kolor forum they tell that it'snt possible...

• It´s not possible without proper knowledge of krpano-coding. You won´t get a custom combobox just by manipulating the generated xml *wink*
    But of course it is NOT impossible and not even very hard to do, but still a lot of work. I wrote a self-filling drop down-menu for one of my last tours and thought about creating a fully customizable xml-based combobox, but never really found the time to realize it. Maybe some day...

LG
    Nupsi

• Hi all!

I've made a so called combobox (a dropdown menu, in fact) in my first Krpano tour:

http://colonnada.com.ua/panoramas/

But this one was a static-code implemented and simple to do in a tour of 10 panoramas, while more panos meant more headache.

The next thing I created was a universal combobox for Flash and Html5 which fills itself automatically based on number of "scenes" in the xml. The names of the scenes in dropdown menu are textfield layers assigned as children to a scrollarea plugin.

Check out this example:

http://vt-test.most-inform.com/

Weelll... the self-filling combobox with categories......... That's gonna be a tricky thing to implement. *rolleyes*

Regards,

Alexey

• Can you try this version please. link
    Have fixes some glitches:
    - X button onclick redefined
    - back from submenu button redefined
    - Menu button redefined
    - submenu textfield was visible (empty) over menu preventing onclick event in HTML5.
    - upgrade to 1.16.4 version
    - testing on ipad simulator works fine.
    - no onhover like in Flash as not supported

What about hotspot you mentioned. Can you be more specific please? Many thanks for testing.
    regards
    Umalo

• Very nice work Umalo,

I love the design of the combobox/menu. It works fine both on my desktop with Chrome / Windows 7 and on my iPad 4 with one problem: When I click on the hotspots the panos zooms in but doesn't load the next pano *sad* , not on my desktop, not on my iPad.

Regards
    Burak

• Thanks for confirmations. I tried to make design as much as possible similar to the solutions already presented.
    Related to hotspots bug, you were right. Now I fixed that too.

Who would like to try the customizable menu please send me PM or mail. Meanwhile I will prepare short instructions and will share the code with you. I would like to pick 2-3 of you for start to get feedback from you implementing it in your projects. If no big issues detected than I can share it with the forum.
    regards
    Umalo

• Due to very big response I have created first version of the plugin for download. In the package you can find short instructions on how to use the menu plugin. This is 1st version. Bugs are possible so please address me directly on PM or via mail.
    Will see with Klaus and maybe include this xml plugin in the plugin list. For sure I know already possible optimization of the code but now I don't have time for it. So here is the link where you can download package with example included: link

P.S. For those of you sent me request for donate button, I will prepare it and share soon with next version of menu plugin.Thx

• You will able to create menus conceptually very similar to that with Panotour Pro 2.x, although not visually identical. Your 'categories' are called Groups in PTP 2.x.

It is currently at alpha 17 status with a public beta expected around the end of September.

You can also acquire a license now and/or upgrade from Panotour Pro 1.8.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!