You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

360boy

Intermediate

• "360boy" started this thread

Occupation: Virtual tours, Krpano coding, Graphic Design, Photographer, Panographer

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 8:45pm

Desktop, tablet, mobile handling...

Hello there, I'd like to manage 3 different skins for my virtual tours, one for desktop, one for tablets and one for mobiles. So, I'd like to do something like this at the beginning of the xml:

<include url="skin_desktop.xml" devices="desktop"/>
<include url="skin_tablet.xml" devices="tablet"/>
<include url="skin_mobile.xml" devices="mobile"/>

I just want to make sure that "tablet" and "mobile" include all the respective devices. Is the following ok?

tablet = {tablet, ipad}
mobile = {mobile, iphone, ipod}

I guess the list is longer because I'm not considering things like ipad+retina, tablet+android, etc. as I say I just want to make sure I can cover all devices with those 3 skins.

Regards

Luis

Friday, July 5th 2013, 6:22pm

Hi,

yes, this is okay, with this 3 devices settings you are covering all possible devices.

tablet = all tables (except windows 8 IE10 tablets with x86 cpu - there is no way to detect if they are a normal pcs or tablets)
mobile = all mobiles (android mobiles, iphone, ipod, blackberry mobile, windows phones, ..., all devices with 'mobile' in the user agent)
desktop = the default when the device is not a tablet and not a mobile

Best regards,
Klaus

360boy

Intermediate

• "360boy" started this thread

Occupation: Virtual tours, Krpano coding, Graphic Design, Photographer, Panographer

Friday, July 5th 2013, 10:34pm

Great, thanx Klaus!

It sounded pretty logical but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing any device.

Best regrards.

Luis

Wednesday, September 18th 2013, 5:53pm

hi, i'm just simply implement two different skin_setting for each kind of dispositive (desktop, and mobile+tablet) but if i use devices="mobile+tablet" it doesn't work so i have to split skin_setting in tree different group.

http://pastebin.com/AaV6GRnF

but the krpano reference says that "+" operator has to work. isn't it?

tonesh

Trainee

Friday, September 20th 2013, 4:09pm

Have you try this?

Source code

devices="mobile|tablet"

Friday, September 27th 2013, 11:30am

Have you try this?

Source code

devices="mobile|tablet"
width "|" works! thanks. so can we say that "+" operator doesn't work?

p.s. x studio argento: ho visto il tuo lavoro della galleria di arte moderna....bè sei stata la mia ispirazione!!! perfetto, delicato e geometricamente impeccabile, spiegazioni dettagliatissime.

Friday, September 27th 2013, 12:46pm

so can we say that "+" operator doesn't work?
No, that can't be said - the + operator works as it should!

It means the combination of the left and the right condition need to be true - and a device can't be mobile AND a tablet, it only be only one of these, so the | (OR) operator is the right choose here.

Best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, October 16th 2013, 1:00pm

sorry!!!! i read "+" as "or" and "|" as "and".

thanks