additional signage for loopings / bar - please wait while loading

• Hello

I often ask people I know to try out pano tours to see what usability issues might exist.

A recent participant said everything was easy and intuitive BUT....

"6. The only thing I didn't like was the "out of focus" at the start. I
    think
    it would be better if it didn't move until it was in focus
    properly."

and then when questioned further on the matter.,..

"Maybe if the image didn't move until it were in focus? That
    wouldn't be so
    distracting. At first I thought there was something wrong
    with it
    "

I have italicised the last sentence because this is the one I fear might cause the person to abort the attempt to view the panorama, my tracking system on my campsite
    panorama tour suggests a small percentage of aborts and it is hard to tell why people exit within the first ten or fifteen seconds but obviously it is a concern if the reason
    is that they think something is wrong during the loading stage.

This made me think it might be nice to have two predefined plugins...

< barmessage .... >
    < loopingsmessage .... >

These plugins might be designed so as to automatically appear when the loopings or loading bar were displayed and automatically disapear
    when loopings or loading bar disapeared.

The user could then define messages, perhaps as graphics perhaps as text along the lines of

"please wait the panorama is loading..."

It might be nice to have a positioning option that is relative to the loopings or loading bar position.

I thought even if usability issues dont exist this might be a nice touch and enhancement, perhaps it could be coded without an enhancement
    but it would be nice for krpano to handle the decision when to display and when not to?

Jon

• Hi Klaus,

For me, there has always been an issue with the Black Screen before any loading bar or % becomes available. Do you have a solution to overcome this issue? On some tours I have created, which are really big with a lot of programming, the black screen can perstist for many seconds even on a good internet connection. I think this would likely be the biggest reason for disconnects... a black screen with nothing on it for many seconds makes people think something is wrong. Even the demo provided in the previous response by Klaus has about a 2-3 second black screen before showing the loading bar.

If the solution is a javascript based loading bar, can you provide an example code? I don't know any javascript at all and could really use a solution for this problem.

Thnks,
    Tony

• Hi Klaus,

For me, there has always been an issue with the Black Screen before any loading bar or % becomes available. Do you have a solution to overcome this issue? On some tours I have created, which are really big with a lot of programming, the black screen can perstist for many seconds even on a good internet connection. I think this would likely be the biggest reason for disconnects... a black screen with nothing on it for many seconds makes people think something is wrong. Even the demo provided in the previous response by Klaus has about a 2-3 second black screen before showing the loading bar.

If the solution is a javascript based loading bar, can you provide an example code? I don't know any javascript at all and could really use a solution for this problem.

Thnks,
    Tony

Is there already a solution for this "black screen" before loading the first scene Tony is mentioning?

@Alexey Tkachenko How did you manage to get this screen white?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!