KRPano or Panotour Pro???

• Hello Everyone...

New user here.

I'm happy with the KRPano demo that I have been playing around with and was planning to buy the license for it until I fell upon Panotour Pro. I believe that Panotour is using KRPano so what is the difference?

I also would like to know if purchasing Panotour Pro has a significant advantage over KRPano??? Their commercial for PTP 2.0 is pretty impressive but I think that KRPano can do it if just study it even further.

KRPano is cheaper and is a bit technical to use, which I don't mind.

But what is the difference besides that big difference in price? Can purchasing KRpano give me what Pantour Pro provides or is Panotour Pro really worth it?

I will appreciate any thoughts on this!

Thank you.

• anyone please?

I have emailed Panotour Pro but it seems like the only difference is that PTP (pano tour pro) makes it easier.

I think that KRPano can do a lot more but it is just on the technical side, which I need confirmation for.

ALso, if I purchase KRPano first, how much will my discount be for Panotour Pro.

R

• Hi!

Before switching to Krpano I used Tourweaver. Krpano has loads of advantages, but the main thing which makes it difficult to learn at start is absence of Graphic User Interface. Let's put it this way: you have a car. With PTP you just sit in this car, press the throttle and drive. With krpano though you will have to understand the tiniest peculiarities of engine, suspension, gearbox etc. But once you understood it, you will show wonderful performance *smile*

In short, PTP is a GUI program based on krpano code, while krpano it is a pure code with plugins and to master it you'll have to at least read all of this: http://www.krpano.com/docu/

If you're programmer, you'll get along faster, if not it could be confusing and sometimes requiring asking loads of questions here on this forum. Another main reason why, for instance, Russian/Ukrainian virtual tour builders have difficulties in learning this documentation is that it's entirely in English/German. I was lucky as I'm interpreter by profession *tongue* . Which means even non-programmer can master Krpano.

Regards,

Alexey

• Hi
    I use both krpano and ptp. You understand that ptp is a gui for krp.
    I learned basic krp before buying ptp so it could help me do things easily that I had not yet learned to do in krp.

For example:
    ptp will make iBook widgets easily from your pano tours, looks a lot more difficult without it.
    I generally prefer the menu system ptp provides over the krp vtour method though I use both. I found embedding sound easier with ptp at first.
    However until the recent ptp v2 the code it generated was far harder to read and edit than the elegant code produced by krp (for a non programmer that is).
    Your licence for krp will work with ptp, you tell the robot that you already have a krp licence when you buy the one for ptp.

Here are a couple of examples made with the two softwares:

1 KRP
    http://john-law.net/projects/ice/index.html

2 PTP
    http://john-law.net/projects/avonbridge/index.html

Hope this helps!

JL

• Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it!

I know what you mean with the car. I wonder if the only advantage that PTP has is the GUI.
    I do have experience with code so the coding part is something I can deal with. PTP seems like the tool for people who do not want to deal with any techie stuff but with a price.

So far I am getting the impression that krpano can do everything ptp advertises and can do possibly more and at a way cheaper price tag.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Instead of getting PTP I think that KRP is the way to go!

• PGP v2 now in alpha version 11, allows embedded video with which I am struggling.
    Not a conventional video hotspot but a seamless blend of video into a pano. Not sure when that will be possible with KRP.

I think you should download both packages and compare...

JL

• If I understand it correctly, Panotour pro uses Krpano as the engine. So if it can be done in Panotour pro, theoretically it should work in Krpano without Panotour pro.

Someone please correct this statement if I am wrong.

P.s.
    Does anyone have a link to the latest demo of Panotour Pro? I had downloaded v 1.8 and wasn't very impressed. I would like to see what the latest version does for you.

Jarred

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!