How to make a 'help' window load with first panorama only?

• Hi,

Could I please enquire as to how you make a 'help' window load with the first panorama only?

An example can be seen here http://www.bziegler.com/posts/2009/03/vr_airbus/CJ/ from a previous forum member.

I have a ? png button already in place on the bottom right for use that opens a image window during the tour but people need that extra hint at the start so I would also like to have that same image appear on my virtual tour only on the first loaded panorama then they can close it *wink*

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Thanks for the reply Graydon.

Do you know of any examples out there (from users of this forum) that does this? I can't seem to find any which is a shame as there may be an xml sheet to study and get the hang of. The tour at the link I supplied in my previous post seems to have the xml code protected which is fair enough but as I mentioned I'm only interested in the 'load window with the first panorama only' not all the other bells and whistles *wink*

Thanks,

Andrew

• Couldn't you just set the plugin Keep="false"
    It would only load on the first pano, wouldn't it?Of course, you would probably need two plugins. The autostart with keep="false" and then the buttons operating separately with some action code to control them. But I guess I am just restating Graydon's post now.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jarredja (3. Juli 2009 um 07:00)

• i use a help screen that load the first time at the first pano. i use onstart= to launch the window. problem is whenever that first scene is revistied the help screen comes back down. answer from Klaus to me was to call a fake action when returning to the 1st scene again. by calling a fake action it will prevent the autostart from firing off again. so where ever you make a link to go back to main starting pano just call a fake action.

onclick=loadpano(mystartingpano.xml); action(fakeactiontostopautorun); something like that.

• Do you know of any examples out there (from users of this forum) that does this?

Sorry for not getting back to you on this one... but I sorta know one : )

http://goto.marlincreek.com/kingsharbor/

The blue box is a textfield... but the same functions would work for a normal plugin image.

xml file is attached...

info.xml

The "info" plugin is the "i" button in the bottom right.
    The "info_box" plugin is the blue textfield.

Hope that helps.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!