How to make a 'help' window load with first panorama only?

• Hi,

Could I please enquire as to how you make a 'help' window load with the first panorama only?

An example can be seen here http://www.bziegler.com/posts/2009/03/vr_airbus/CJ/ from a previous forum member.

I have a ? png button already in place on the bottom right for use that opens a image window during the tour but people need that extra hint at the start so I would also like to have that same image appear on my virtual tour only on the first loaded panorama then they can close it *wink*

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Thanks,

Andrew

• You can set your image window to be viewable at first... then use an onclick of the image to close it. You'll have to setup your actions so that if someone clicks on the image to close itself, the png in the bottom right is adjusted so it's new onclick is to open the image / help window.

• Thanks for the reply Graydon.

Do you know of any examples out there (from users of this forum) that does this? I can't seem to find any which is a shame as there may be an xml sheet to study and get the hang of. The tour at the link I supplied in my previous post seems to have the xml code protected which is fair enough but as I mentioned I'm only interested in the 'load window with the first panorama only' not all the other bells and whistles *wink*

Thanks,

Andrew

• Couldn't you just set the plugin Keep="false"
    It would only load on the first pano, wouldn't it?Of course, you would probably need two plugins. The autostart with keep="false" and then the buttons operating separately with some action code to control them. But I guess I am just restating Graydon's post now.

Edited once, last by Jarredja (July 3, 2009 at 7:00 AM).

• i use a help screen that load the first time at the first pano. i use onstart= to launch the window. problem is whenever that first scene is revistied the help screen comes back down. answer from Klaus to me was to call a fake action when returning to the 1st scene again. by calling a fake action it will prevent the autostart from firing off again. so where ever you make a link to go back to main starting pano just call a fake action.

onclick=loadpano(mystartingpano.xml); action(fakeactiontostopautorun); something like that.

• Do you know of any examples out there (from users of this forum) that does this?

Sorry for not getting back to you on this one... but I sorta know one : )

http://goto.marlincreek.com/kingsharbor/

The blue box is a textfield... but the same functions would work for a normal plugin image.

xml file is attached...

info.xml

The "info" plugin is the "i" button in the bottom right.
    The "info_box" plugin is the blue textfield.

Hope that helps.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!