HTML5 player, cookies & user sessions

• Hi all,

I'm playing around with krpano in a Ruby on Rails app, and I'm running into some issues with the HTML5 player.

With my current krpano XML config, I'm setting some layers to hit a controller action that requires the user to be logged in. Rails is using a cookie to load the user_id, and then set the current user.

What I'm seeing however, is that with the HTML5 player, the browser cookies aren't being sent to the server, and so the requests that krpano are making, are not appearing to come from an authenticated user. (i.e. Rails doesn't see cookies[:user_id])

Is there some sort of config I'm missing for HTML5 to send browser cookies to the server? I've run into this a while back while also trying to do the same with a much simpler PHP script, but the problem is essentially the same: the HTML 5 player is not sending browser cookies.

The flash player *does* send cookies along with requests, however.

I'm unaware of the mechanism that the HTML5 player uses to make requests to the server.

Any thoughts?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!