html5 support with firefox ver 22 - does it work?

• html5 virtual tours do not appear to work with firefox ver 22. This was following a clean install of firefox ver 22 with no flash installed on windows 7 laptop.

I tried with several of my virtual tours and got following message:

ERROR:

Adobe Flashplayer 10.1 (or higher) or a
    HTML5 Browser with CSS 3D Transforms or WebGL support are required!

This is using krpano 1.16.3 2013-05-06, I tried using older version of krpano 1.0.8.15 2012-08-10 and VT is displayed but panels are jumbled up.

I also tried Klaus's demos for example [color=#000099]https://krpano.com/tours/weingut/%5B/color] and got same error message.

Any ideas, or am I doing something wrong as documentation indicates this should work.

Thanks
    Tim

• Seems to be working fine for me, using Firefox v 22 and KRPano 1.16.5, running on OS X Mountain Lion. I have the HTML5 parameter on the embed command set to "only"

• Hi,

that means your Firefox Browser isn't able to use Hardware acceleration.
    I think with the latest Firefox Update 22 this was happening on several systems, it seems several older GPU drivers were black-listed in that Firefox version...

Please see this post here for more details and solutions:
    krpano 1.16

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus

I checked firefox and you are right:

Direct2D Enabled

Blocked for your graphics driver version. Try updating your graphics driver to version 257.21 or newer.

GPU Accelerated Windows

0/1 Basic Blocked for your graphics driver version. Try updating your graphics driver to version 182.65 or newer.

I will update the drivers and retest.

Appreciate the fast response.

cheers

Tim

• As per Klaus's suggestion, I did the following:

1. enter the url - about:config - in Firefox
    2. enter 'webgl' in the search/filter field
    3. enable the webgl.force-enabled setting by double clicking it (set to true)
    4. restart the browser and try viewing the pano again
    5. if still not working:
    6. enter 'layers' in the about:config search/filter field
    7. enable the layers.acceleration.force setting by double clicking it (set to true)
    8. restart the browser and try viewing the pano again

And got firefox 22 to work with html5 on windows 7 laptop *smile*

regds

Tim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!