You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 5th 2013, 6:43am

Tooltips for Vtour Normal Droplet on 1.16.5

Hi All,

I just updated to 1.16.5 from 1.8.x; while tooltips for the skin_control_bar can simply be invoked using onhover="showtext(Previous,tooltip);" for the old version, sadly this is no longer the case for the latest version.

I'm at a lost here. What's the simplest way to implement this for the Vtour Droplet? I already checked the included example and it doesn't seem to work for the droplet with the glow effect.

Thanks! :-)

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 1:45pm

Hi,

this is still working of course!
But as before only in Flash, are you maybe watching the HTML5 version?

Best regards,
Klaus

Monday, August 12th 2013, 1:46pm

Hi Klaus,

Yes, I'm pertaining to the HTML5, why doesn't it work? This is the same case when I enabled tooltips_thumbs="true" and tooltips_hotspots="true". On the native SWF file, they work fine; but the moment I load them using the tour.html file, it doesn't. However, if I load the same using the tour_editor.html, it WORKS! and also panning is much smoother and faster. What gives?

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 1:04pm

Hi,

these texts in the default tour skin are realized via the showtext() action, which isn't supported in the HTML5 viewer.
See here:
http://krpano.com/docu/html5/#supportedfunctionality

A new and update tour skin with where these texts will be supported in HTML5 too will come with the 1.17 version.

In your tour.html there is probably html5=prefer set, change it to html5=auto to prefer Flash on desktops system. In the tour_editor.html there is html5=never set, because the vtoureditor plugin is flash-only.

Please see also here fore informations about the html5 embedding setting:
http://krpano.com/docu/html/#html5

Regarding 'panning is much smoother' - that means your gpu-hardware is probably not good enough for hardware-accelerated html5 rendering so that the Flash software-rendering is faster in this case.

The problem here is, it's not possible to detect what rendering method - html5+webgl, html5+css3d or flash would be the fastest one on the current system...

What browser were you using?
And what system and gpu-hardware?

Best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 2:18pm

Hi Klaus,

I'm on Firefox 22.0, Windows 7 64-bit, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 with 4GB Hyper-memory.