Tooltips for Vtour Normal Droplet on 1.16.5

• Hi All,

I just updated to 1.16.5 from 1.8.x; while tooltips for the skin_control_bar can simply be invoked using onhover="showtext(Previous,tooltip);" for the old version, sadly this is no longer the case for the latest version.

I'm at a lost here. What's the simplest way to implement this for the Vtour Droplet? I already checked the included example and it doesn't seem to work for the droplet with the glow effect.

Thanks! *smile*

• Hi Klaus,

Yes, I'm pertaining to the HTML5, why doesn't it work? This is the same case when I enabled tooltips_thumbs="true" and tooltips_hotspots="true". On the native SWF file, they work fine; but the moment I load them using the tour.html file, it doesn't. However, if I load the same using the tour_editor.html, it WORKS! and also panning is much smoother and faster. What gives?

Thanks!

• Hi,

these texts in the default tour skin are realized via the showtext() action, which isn't supported in the HTML5 viewer.
    See here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html5/#supportedfunctionality

A new and update tour skin with where these texts will be supported in HTML5 too will come with the 1.17 version.

In your tour.html there is probably html5=prefer set, change it to html5=auto to prefer Flash on desktops system. In the tour_editor.html there is html5=never set, because the vtoureditor plugin is flash-only.

Please see also here fore informations about the html5 embedding setting:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html/#html5

Regarding 'panning is much smoother' - that means your gpu-hardware is probably not good enough for hardware-accelerated html5 rendering so that the Flash software-rendering is faster in this case.

The problem here is, it's not possible to detect what rendering method - html5+webgl, html5+css3d or flash would be the fastest one on the current system...

What browser were you using?
    And what system and gpu-hardware?

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!